Israel intends to join trade agreement with EEU followiing Iran
Israel will soon enter the EEU free trade zone, RBC reports citing The Times of Israel newspaper.
According to the representative of the Ministry of Economy, the negotiations that have been going on since April of last year will lead to the signing of an agreement that provides for customs cooperation, the removal of trade barriers, the development of electronic commerce, the resolution of sanitary and epidemiological control issues.
In parallel, Iran is planning to sign a free trade agreement with the EEU. The Times of Israel indicates that we are talking about unrelated contracts. That is, a free trade regime with the member states of the EEU does not mean that Israel will have to agree to free trade with Iran.
At the same time in the office of the Israeli Prime Minister told reporters that the authorities of this country will continue economic pressure on Tehran, hoping for a change in the policy of the Islamic Republic.
Iran signed a temporary agreement on the creation of a free trade zone with the EEU last May. So far it provides for the creation of a dispute resolution mechanism. It was not mentioned about zeroing import duties.
In early February, Sergey Tsyb, First Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade of Russia, said that in addition to Israel and Iran, India, Egypt and Singapore may also sign free trade agreements with the EEU. They will join Vietnam, which signed the corresponding agreement in 2015.
- Church of St. Kirakos in Diarbekir will be restored NEW 9 MINUTES AGO
- Ilham Aliyev receives OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs NEW 16 MINUTES AGO
- Israel nears completion of long-range bunker buster missile: report
- Armenia, Georgia sign 2019 military cooperation program
- Turkey condemns European parliament committee call to suspend accession
- Exercise could help protect you against developing depression
- Search for flooded lions of Tamanyan kicked off in Russia following Hay Dzayn publication
- Armenian church being built in Ufa, Russia (video)
- Armenian economy increased by 5.2% in 2018
- Young blogger Ruben Yesayan shot a short film on Hovhannes Tumanyan's 150th anniversary
- Arayik Harutyunyan relieved from position of advisor to Artsakh’s President
- Satanovsky about Armenian humanitarian contingent in Syria
- Civil march to take place in Yerevan on March 1
- Today is International Mother Language Day
- Questing for the Origins of Mer Hayrenik
- Georgian Defense Minister to visit Armenia on February 21
- In the daytime of February 23 and on 24 the air temperature will go up by 2-3 degrees
- Recipe Corner: Apricot Brandy Cake
- Armenian designer pioneers Interaction Design course in Canada
- Artsakh is always next to the Aznavour family: Seda Aznavour (video)
- Vicente del Bosque will arrive in Armenia this summer
- President Sarkissian extends condolences on death of philanthropist Louise Manoogian Simone
- AGBU Grieves the Loss of Beloved President and Visionary Leader Louise Manoogian Simone
- We will continue to sharply raise issues of social justice: Social Justice Party statement
- Bako Sahakyan sent a letter of condolence to the family of Louise Manoogian Simone