Armen Jigarkhanyan is 84 Years old
"God forbid, tomorrow I'll go out on the stage and not be King King, Hamlet, Othello, but I'll be the People's Artist of the USSR..."
Armen Jigarkhanyan, the prominent actor, director of Armenian, Russian theater and film, was born on October 3, 1935 in Yerevan. The first meeting with his father, Boris, took place when Armen was a teenager. He was raised by his stepfather. And his love for theater and theater art came from his mother, Elena Vasilevna, who adored theater.
In 1953, Armen Jigarkhanyan graduated from Chekhov secondary school. After, he attempts to enter the Russian Theater of Arts, but didn't succeed. After unsuccessful attempts, Jigarkhanyan returned to Yerevan and worked at "HayFilm" Studio as an operator assistant. In 1954, Jigarkhanyan entered the Yerevan Institute of Fine Arts and Theater, studied at Armen Gulakyan's department, which finished in 1958.
The first meeting with the stage took place in January 1955 at Stanislavsky Russian Drama Theater. Jigarkhanyan was invited to perform with Yerevan's troupe while he was a sophemore. He worked there for more than ten years.
It was in 1967, when Anatoly Erfros invited Jigarkhanyan to the Moscow Theater of Lenin's Cosmopol. In 1969 he started playing in Moscow, at the Mayakovsky Theater. On that stage, he played brilliantly, playing the role of Stenli Kowalski in the "Trams of Wishes" and Big Pa, "The Cat On The Roof," Socrat, "Talking With Socrat", General Khludov, "Running". This collaboration ends in 1996, but he continued to work in other theaters and plays.
The entrance to the cinema took place in 1960. However, the role of young scientist-physicist Artyom Manvelyan in Frunze Dovlatyan's "Hello, I am" film brought great popularity to Jigarkhanyan. The brilliant masterful roles were followed by one another. The master blacksmith Mukuch in "Triangle", Levon Poghosyan in the drama "When Comes September", the staff captain Ovechkin in Edmond Keosayan's "The New Adventures of Anorallists", the checkist Artuzov in "The Trial Operation", Proshyan in the "July Six" historical film, Mikhail In Stitchney's "Little Crane" film, the Black Cat gang's roaring knight Karp's negative role in the movie "The Place of Meeting Can not Be Changed."
In 1991-1996, Jigarkhanyan, as a professor, gave master-classes in the All-Russian State Institute of Cinematography, and in 1996 he founded the Moscow Drama Theater. In his theater, he played 2 plays.
Jigarkhanyan plays on the stage until now, he never takes a break, never gets tired of the stage and never gives the writers the opportunity to be laconic. Just as he and his 82-year-old life are full of many personalities, in order to address them separately, one should dedicate their lives to studying his art.
Anyway ... In 1999, Jigarkhanyan received a "Green Card" for prominent cultural figures in the US government quota. In the United States, he receives a seven-room apartment from a fan. From that moment on he lives in two countries. He lives in the United States for three to four months in the year in Harland (Tatiana, where she teaches Russian at the Dallas), and the rest of her time in Moscow.
There are many interesting facts about Armen Jigarkhanyan. In particular, he played in more than 314 films, of which 250 were movies, the rest - TV movies, mini-soap operas, and more. His name was written in the Guinness Book of Records as the most-featured Russian actor. Speaking about the performances is simply superfluous; they go through a few dozen.
Armen Jigarkhanyan has received numerous awards:
1. Order of Merit to the Motherland II degree
2. Order of Merit to Motherland III Degree
3. Order of Homeland Service IV Degree
4. Honored actor of Armenian SSR
5. People's Artist of RSFSR
6. People's Artist of the Armenian SSR
7. People's Artist of the USSR
8. State Prize of the Armenian SSR
9. State Prize of the Armenian SSR
10. Order of Honor (Armenia)
11. The Order of the Sacrament of Glory
12. Order "MECENAT"
13. Tsarskoselski's Artistic Prize
14. "Audience Award Award", "When the September Comes" movie at Belgrade Film Festival
15. All - Union Film Festival .Jury Special Prize, "Lonely Walnut" film
16. Moscow City Hall Award
17. Golden Alone Award
18. Stanislavsky's Theatrical Prize for Best Actress in 2000
19. The "Kumir" Prize Organizing Committee's "Special Prize"
20. Golden Mask Prize
21. The Golden Eagle Award,
22. "Man of the Year" of the Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia
23. "Crystal Turandot" Theatrical Prize
24. "Golden Mask" Theatrical
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)