Julia Roberts repeats Pretty Woman character (PHOTOS)
Pretty Woman, the film that launched Julia Roberts’ career as an international Hollywood megastar, will celebrate its 30 anniversary in March.
And Roberts proved she had barely aged a day since Pretty Woman as she dazzled in a new campaign photoshoot for Italian fashion brand, Calzedonia.
The Oscar-winner, 51, who won fans all over the world for her portrayal of free-spirited Hollywood prostitute Vivian Ward, showcased her toned legs in a pastel pink tailored blazer dress in the smoldering shots.
Paying tribute to the iconic film, the tailored blazer dress was a modern take on the white shirt dress “Vivian” memorably donned at a luxury boutique.
Recreating the legendary scene, Julia carried lavish bags from the designer as she strolled down the street while the photographer snapped.
Julia’s portrayal of Vivian, a prostitute that is hired by Richard Gere’s character Edward Lewis—with the characters falling in love—earned her a Best Actress Oscar nomination and catapulted her into the Hollywood A-list.
Speaking with The Guardian, she said dynamics of the Pretty Woman storyline—a business magnate falling in love with a prostitute he hired—might not resonate as well 29 years after its March 1990 release.
“I don’t really think you could make that movie now, right?” Roberts said. “So many things you could poke a hole in, but I don’t think it takes away from people being able to enjoy it.”
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)
- Nutritionists reveal secret of eternal youth
- New sarcophagus of Chernobyl nuclear power plant photographed from bird's eye view
- Turkey won’t stop Syria operation until it achieves goals, Erdogan administration says