Event dedicated to Komitas's 150th anniversary and the Armenian Genocide 104th anniversary took place in London
An event dedicated to the 150th anniversary of Komitas and the 104th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide took place on May 4 in the Hall of Kensington United Reformed Church. It was organized by the Tekeyan Center Fund, the Embassy of the Republic of Armenia to the United Kingdom and under the aegis of the Diocese of the Armenian Church of the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland.
At the event, welcoming speeches were delivered by the Armenian Ambassador to the UK Arman Kirakosyan, member of the House of Lords of the United Kingdom, Baroness Caroline Cox, President of London's Tekeyan Foundation and Armenia's Tekeyan Center Foundation Vardan Uzunyan, as well as Primate of the British diocese of the Armenian Apostolic Church Bishop Hovakim Manukian.
During the event, London's Komitas choir, headed by conductor Grigor Najarian performed works by Komitas. Soprano Anais Heghoyan, violinists Ani Batikyan and Angela Najaryan, pianist Hao Zi Yoh and other musicians performed separate works.
- DOD Conducts Ground Launch Cruise Missile Test NEW 50 MINUTES AGO
- President Sarkissian, Khaldoon Al Mubarak meet in Manchester
- OSCE to conduct monitoring at Artsakh-Azerbaijan Line of Contact
- From Belgrade to Buenos Aires, these are the world's best party cities
- Oscars 2020 odds: Joaquin Phoenix and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood early favourites
- How social media affects girls' mental health: study
- Bulgur, Mint and Peach Salad Recipe
- George R.R. Martin: "Game Of Thrones" being over is "freeing"
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- International Photo Festival to be held in Yerevan
- Turkey Fires Kurdish Mayors Ahead of Military Push Into Syria - Bloomberg
- Iran warns U.S. against seizing Grace 1 oil tanker
- Study reveals over third of children and adolescents are passive smokers
- Danish PM hopes Trump ‘isn’t serious’ about buying Greenland: NYP
- Scientists on possible consequences of large-scale nuclear war
- Improvement of military positions is constant process: Armenia MOD
- Best food to lower high blood pressure
- Chinari village can no longer be fired at from Azerbaijan: Ararat Mirzoyan
- Messi completely recovered from calf injury
- Hidden Painting Under da Vinci Masterpiece Revealed with New Imaging
- Armenian president congratulates Afghan counterpart, people on Independence Day
- April four-day war hero Adam Sahakyan would turn 23 today
- Today is World Humanitarian Day
- Vahagn Davtyan won gold at Open Israeli Championship
- Over 1.7 Mln People Joined Sunday’s Demonstration in Hong Kong