Komitas’ letters to Hovhannes Toumanian
Komitas’ letters to Hovhannes Toumanian:
You didn’t get to Etchmiadzin then. Perhaps the mosquitoes frightened you. What’s this mosquito thing anyway that man should fear it? I could have offered you such accommodation that no mosquito, not even the mosquito’s brother and its offspring could penetrate.
I haven’t much news. If you want to come to Dilijan, you are welcome. Don’t worry about the piano. The main purpose of your visit, and mine, has to do with words – to complete the poem with its characters and its songs, in a word to write the libretto. As for the other things, the music, I shall attend to that in Etchmiadzin, where in my rooms I have all the necessary facilities.
I shall tell you about my detailed plans when we meet. To explain oneself about music in written communication is difficult.
At the moment I too am busy. Until the end of the month I have some urgent deadlines to meet for various European newspapers, thereafter I am relatively free. I have decided to spend the summer in Etchmiadzin, but for some 10 days or until we complete ‘Anoush’ I shall come to Dilijan.
Pass on special greetings to Princess Toumanian.
And to you, your wife and your little children, in one large measure, my loving regards.
With kisses, yours Komitas
- Large-scale military exercises to be held in Armenia
- Ham Pie Recipe
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Triumphs At Emmys For Contentious ‘Long Night’ Episode
- The air temperature will gradually go up by 1-2 degrees
- Bako Sahakyan visited the Moshatagh village of the Kashatagh region
- OPEC sees no risks to market supply due to attacks on Saudi Aramco facilities, says source
- Armen Sarkissian highly appreciated Germany former President's great contribution to the recognition of the Armenian Genocide
- Armenian President signs decree on NSS head resignation
- Growth in export of cucumbers from Armenia comprises 174%
- Former German President Joachim Gauck visited Holy See of Echmiadzin
- Armenia’s security chief steps down
- 21st century is going to be a period of technologies, science, human brain and creativity
- Alexis Ohanian to attend his book's Armenian translation presentation in Yerevan
- Armenian National Security Service chief resigns
- Armenian national futsal team begins training
- Venice Commission delegation is in Armenia
- Aronian to face Matlakov at world cup
- U.S. blames Iran for Saudi attacks, 'pretend' diplomacy: Reuters
- Armenia’s Pashinyan holding major news conference in Vanadzor
- GIPHY founder Alex Chung arriving in Armenia for WCIT
- Erdogan says will discuss U.S. missile purchase with Trump
- Armenian FM kicks off official visit to Lithuania
- Armenia’s Arthur 'White Bear' Alexanyan to compete at world championship final with injury
- 5 daily activities necessary to maintain health
- Guest Recipe: Saghi Bourma (rolled pastry with walnuts)