Komitas’ letters to Hovhannes Toumanian
Komitas’ letters to Hovhannes Toumanian:
You didn’t get to Etchmiadzin then. Perhaps the mosquitoes frightened you. What’s this mosquito thing anyway that man should fear it? I could have offered you such accommodation that no mosquito, not even the mosquito’s brother and its offspring could penetrate.
I haven’t much news. If you want to come to Dilijan, you are welcome. Don’t worry about the piano. The main purpose of your visit, and mine, has to do with words – to complete the poem with its characters and its songs, in a word to write the libretto. As for the other things, the music, I shall attend to that in Etchmiadzin, where in my rooms I have all the necessary facilities.
I shall tell you about my detailed plans when we meet. To explain oneself about music in written communication is difficult.
At the moment I too am busy. Until the end of the month I have some urgent deadlines to meet for various European newspapers, thereafter I am relatively free. I have decided to spend the summer in Etchmiadzin, but for some 10 days or until we complete ‘Anoush’ I shall come to Dilijan.
Pass on special greetings to Princess Toumanian.
And to you, your wife and your little children, in one large measure, my loving regards.
With kisses, yours Komitas
- Viennese Apple Strudel recipe
- Yerevan among cities Russian tourists keep returning to: study
- Over the next 5 days a high risk of fire is predicted in the valleys and foothills of the Republic
- U.S. offer to sell Patriot system to Turkey has expired: Reuters
- 71-story skyscraper to be erected in Yerevan
- Armenian army delegation attends CIS armed forces general staffs' chiefs session
- What’s The Right Amount of Sleep?: WebMD
- Armenian President repeals decree depriving Vagharshak Harutyunyan of military rank
- Armenian national team U19 defeats Lebanese national team
- Assad forces threaten Turkish observation posts in Idlib
- Japan's tallest skyscraper to be built in Tokyo: NHK
- Artsakh President receives composer Robert Amirkhanyan
- Armenian ambassador discusses advantages of cooperation in IT and tourism with Belarusian Economy Minister
- Central Bank issues Admiral Isakov-125 silver collector coin
- Syrian army declares full control over Khan Sheikhoun
- The only interest I have is Armenia’s balanced interest, PM says on Amulsar
- Lausanne 2020: Opening Ceremony of Games to be held at Malley Ice Rink
- Moscow to host concert dedicated to Komitas's 150th anniversary
- Ombudsman sends working group to Armenia’s Jermuk
- Ararat Armenia beats Dudelange 2-1 in Europa League play-off
- Today is International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition
- US concerned with Turkey’s removal of Kurdish mayors
- Brad Pitt, Liv Tyler and Tommy Lee Jones in the new trailer for "To the Stars”: Galpost
- 29 years ago this day Declaration of State Sovereignty of Armenia was adopted
- Dwayne Johnson tops Forbes highest paid actors list again: BBC