Komitas’ letters to Hovhannes Toumanian
Komitas’ letters to Hovhannes Toumanian:
You didn’t get to Etchmiadzin then. Perhaps the mosquitoes frightened you. What’s this mosquito thing anyway that man should fear it? I could have offered you such accommodation that no mosquito, not even the mosquito’s brother and its offspring could penetrate.
I haven’t much news. If you want to come to Dilijan, you are welcome. Don’t worry about the piano. The main purpose of your visit, and mine, has to do with words – to complete the poem with its characters and its songs, in a word to write the libretto. As for the other things, the music, I shall attend to that in Etchmiadzin, where in my rooms I have all the necessary facilities.
I shall tell you about my detailed plans when we meet. To explain oneself about music in written communication is difficult.
At the moment I too am busy. Until the end of the month I have some urgent deadlines to meet for various European newspapers, thereafter I am relatively free. I have decided to spend the summer in Etchmiadzin, but for some 10 days or until we complete ‘Anoush’ I shall come to Dilijan.
Pass on special greetings to Princess Toumanian.
And to you, your wife and your little children, in one large measure, my loving regards.
With kisses, yours Komitas
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)