Kremlin: US yet to present proposals on Putin-Trump meeting at G20 summit
Washington still hasn’t put forward any proposals on a meeting between Presidents Vladimir Putin of Russia and Donald Trump of the United States that is supposed to take place during the upcoming G20 summit, Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters.
"There is no news about a possible full-fledged meeting between Presidents Putin and Trump in Osaka," he said. "It means that the United States still hasn’t set out any initiatives and proposals in this regard," Peskov added. "Clearly, given the fact that President Trump and President Putin will both take part in the G20 summit, their brief meeting cannot be ruled out but it won’t be full-fledged," the Russian presidential spokesman noted.
The G20 summit is scheduled to take place in the Japanese city of Osaka on June 28-29.
Putin and Trump held their only full-fledged talks in the Finnish capital of Helsinki in July 2018. Apart from that, the two leaders held brief meetings at international events in 2017 and 2018. However, Trump cancelled a meeting with Putin at the G20 summit in Argentina’s Buenos Aires in 2018 following an incident involving Ukrainian navy ships in the Kerch Strait, though the two leaders did hold a brief conversation on the summit’s sidelines. Moscow said later that Russia was ready for dialogue with the US but it should be initiated by Washington.
Russian Presidential Aide Yuri Ushakov said earlier in June that plans for a Putin-Trump meeting in Osaka were "up in the air" because "the United States still hasn’t specified them." Although US Secretary of State Michael Pompeo said at his May 14 meeting with Putin in Russia’s Sochi that Washington was ready for such a meeting, still, Russia has received no official request in this regard.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)