Life in Artsakh Mets Tagher village
Even if you have never been to Artsakh, you must have heard about the amazing nature and picturesque places of this region, and if you have, you definitely miss Artsakh, Stepanakert, and any district or village you have visited.
Mets Tagher village in Hadrut region, located 60 km from Stepanakert, seems to be only a small fragment of these picturesque landscapes, all the colors and shades of all the palettes of nature are condensed here.
Mets Tagher is surrounded with wooded mountains.
As of 1841, 698 people lived in the village. Later, the population continued to grow, and in 1914 reached a maximum of 3,500 people. According to the 2005 census, 1,411 people live in the village.
Today there is a kindergarten and a school in Mets Tagher named after Marshal Armenak Khanperyants. As of September 1, 2013, there are 232 students in the school.
The village also has a museum of Marshal Armenak Khanperyants.
About 400 residents took part in the Artsakh Liberation War, 45 of who died.
In 2012, a memorial in honor of those killed in the Artsakh war was opened in the village.
We could not leave the village without visiting the sacred place called Gregory the Illuminator. The road was difficult, but the final destination was a wonderful landscape of the village that appeared in all its glory.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)