Life in Artsakh Mets Tagher village
Even if you have never been to Artsakh, you must have heard about the amazing nature and picturesque places of this region, and if you have, you definitely miss Artsakh, Stepanakert, and any district or village you have visited.
Mets Tagher village in Hadrut region, located 60 km from Stepanakert, seems to be only a small fragment of these picturesque landscapes, all the colors and shades of all the palettes of nature are condensed here.
Mets Tagher is surrounded with wooded mountains.
As of 1841, 698 people lived in the village. Later, the population continued to grow, and in 1914 reached a maximum of 3,500 people. According to the 2005 census, 1,411 people live in the village.
Today there is a kindergarten and a school in Mets Tagher named after Marshal Armenak Khanperyants. As of September 1, 2013, there are 232 students in the school.
The village also has a museum of Marshal Armenak Khanperyants.
About 400 residents took part in the Artsakh Liberation War, 45 of who died.
In 2012, a memorial in honor of those killed in the Artsakh war was opened in the village.
We could not leave the village without visiting the sacred place called Gregory the Illuminator. The road was difficult, but the final destination was a wonderful landscape of the village that appeared in all its glory.
- Масленица Обретения Креста на горе Вараг
- Could sunscreen affect vitamin D deficiency?
- On September 22 the air temperature will go down by 8-10 degrees
- Armenia Wine's cognac wins silver at Int'l Wine & Spirit Competition
- Guest Recipe: Grapes Leaves with Rice, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil and Herbs
- Ten Volumes of Italian Diplomatic Documents on Armenians Soon to Be Completed
- Armenia Independence Day
- Putin congatulates Pashinyan
- Diabetes can be predicted at 8 years
- Trump says US supports desire of Armenian people to live in democratic country
- Exercise slows Alzheimer's Disease, study says
- Speaker of Parliament Ararat Mirzoyan offers congratulations on Independence Day
- World Cup: Levon Aronian started with a draw in the 1/8 finals
- Russia, China veto UN resolution calling for truce in Syria
- Bako Sahakyan congratulates Armenian counterpart on Independence Day
- Today is International Day of Peace
- Let’s protect and defend our state, our church, be tolerant and caring towards one another: Armenian President's congratulatory message on Independence Day
- Top officials of Armenia and Artsakh visit Yerablur military pantheon on Independence Day
- Independence Day of Armenia and International Day of Peace: September 21
- Post-Revolution Art: Dialogues about Revolution and Power
- Chicken liver salad recipe
- Armenia’s Police Chief Dismissed, Appointed Adviser To Pashinyan
- In the afternoon of September 21 the wind speed may reach up to 20-25 m/s
- French actor of Armenian descent Charles Gérard dies aged 96
- Elizabeth II congratulates Sarkissian on Armenian Independence Day