Life in Artsakh Mets Tagher village
Even if you have never been to Artsakh, you must have heard about the amazing nature and picturesque places of this region, and if you have, you definitely miss Artsakh, Stepanakert, and any district or village you have visited.
Mets Tagher village in Hadrut region, located 60 km from Stepanakert, seems to be only a small fragment of these picturesque landscapes, all the colors and shades of all the palettes of nature are condensed here.
Mets Tagher is surrounded with wooded mountains.
As of 1841, 698 people lived in the village. Later, the population continued to grow, and in 1914 reached a maximum of 3,500 people. According to the 2005 census, 1,411 people live in the village.
Today there is a kindergarten and a school in Mets Tagher named after Marshal Armenak Khanperyants. As of September 1, 2013, there are 232 students in the school.
The village also has a museum of Marshal Armenak Khanperyants.
About 400 residents took part in the Artsakh Liberation War, 45 of who died.
In 2012, a memorial in honor of those killed in the Artsakh war was opened in the village.
We could not leave the village without visiting the sacred place called Gregory the Illuminator. The road was difficult, but the final destination was a wonderful landscape of the village that appeared in all its glory.
- Pakhlava recipe
- Levon Aronian loses in Sinquefield Cup
- Soso Pavliashvili to give a concert in Yerevan
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- Vacationing More Often May Reduce Metabolic Syndrome Risk
- Armen Sarkissian appointed new advisor
- Nikol Pashinyan offered birthday greetings to Garegin II
- Air temperature is 4-5 degrees higher than the norm: chief meteorologist
- Xiaomi posts 15% rise in second quarter revenue, below expectations
- Picture Group announces Matrix 4 with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss reprising roles
- OSCE monitoring on Artsakh and Azerbaijan armed forces contact line conducted
- Russian specialist conducted unique free vascular operations at Armavir MC
- Lydian assumes obligation that Amulsar's contaminated waters will not be released into environment
- UN Security Council to hold emergency session on US missile projects on August 22
- Pashinyan holds consultation on Amulsar matter
- Neymar is close to returning to Barcelona
- Armenian Meat Ball Soup recipe
- U.S. warns Greece against helping Iranian tanker
- Yerevan Mayor sues municipal council ex-member
- Today is International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism
- Garo Paylan says there is state terrorism in Turkey
- Today is Catholicos of All Armenians Karekin II's birthday
- Alexis Ohanian welcomes Dwayne Johnson to Armenian "clan"
- 5 Day Weather Forecast
- Armenia to take part in World Championship with 9 weightlifters