Le Monde published an article on revision of friendship agreement with Nagorno-Karabakh
The French newspaper Le Monde published an article related to the decision of the French authorities to revise the friendship agreements between the prefectures of French cities and Nagorno-Karabakh.
The article, in particular, notes that since 2013, 13 territorial formations of France have signed friendship agreements with Nagorno-Karabakh, which subsequently led to various differences in relations with Azerbaijan.
“On the one hand, there is an influential Armenian diaspora in France (about 600,000 people). On the other hand, Azerbaijan is an important economic partner for France: most of the French trade in the Caucasus region falls on Baku, which has significant energy resources, ” - the French edition writes.
The heads of French cities interviewed by the publication did not share the point of view of the French authorities, noting that the signing of agreements with the cities of Nagorno-Karabakh did not create a legal conflict and had no effect on the republic’s foreign policy.
In turn, some representatives of the Armenian community of France noted that the decisions taken by the courts to annul agreements with Karabakh aroused suspicions about the relations of France and Azerbaijan.
Le Monde also writes that at present there are similar agreements between French cities with Palestinian communes, Taiwan, and even Northern Cyprus, which are not recognized by the French state.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)