Le Monde published an article on revision of friendship agreement with Nagorno-Karabakh
The French newspaper Le Monde published an article related to the decision of the French authorities to revise the friendship agreements between the prefectures of French cities and Nagorno-Karabakh.
The article, in particular, notes that since 2013, 13 territorial formations of France have signed friendship agreements with Nagorno-Karabakh, which subsequently led to various differences in relations with Azerbaijan.
“On the one hand, there is an influential Armenian diaspora in France (about 600,000 people). On the other hand, Azerbaijan is an important economic partner for France: most of the French trade in the Caucasus region falls on Baku, which has significant energy resources, ” - the French edition writes.
The heads of French cities interviewed by the publication did not share the point of view of the French authorities, noting that the signing of agreements with the cities of Nagorno-Karabakh did not create a legal conflict and had no effect on the republic’s foreign policy.
In turn, some representatives of the Armenian community of France noted that the decisions taken by the courts to annul agreements with Karabakh aroused suspicions about the relations of France and Azerbaijan.
Le Monde also writes that at present there are similar agreements between French cities with Palestinian communes, Taiwan, and even Northern Cyprus, which are not recognized by the French state.
- Recipe Corner: Auntie Zee’s World-Famous Apricot Jam from Fresno
- Technovation Armenia 2019 Program Concludes with Awards
- Armenian Artists in Research and Dialogue
- Katherine Hodgson: Researching the Beautiful and Fascinating Armenian Language
- Trump orders companies to seek "alternative markets" to China
- North Korea launches two more ballistic missiles into sea: Seoul
- Pashinyan Backs Major Mining Project In Armenia
- How to increase life expectancy?
- ‘Abandoned’ Armenian Properties around the World: Part III
- Serena Williams paired with Maria Sharapova in U.S. Open first round
- Armenian PM congratulates Ukraine on Independence Day
- Trump talks about serving '14 more years' as president: Independent
- UNESCO delegation visits Armenia Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport
- Drinking coffee first thing in the morning can be bad
- Viennese Apple Strudel recipe
- Yerevan among cities Russian tourists keep returning to: study
- Over the next 5 days a high risk of fire is predicted in the valleys and foothills of the Republic
- U.S. offer to sell Patriot system to Turkey has expired: Reuters
- 71-story skyscraper to be erected in Yerevan
- Armenian army delegation attends CIS armed forces general staffs' chiefs session
- What’s The Right Amount of Sleep?: WebMD
- Armenian President repeals decree depriving Vagharshak Harutyunyan of military rank
- Armenian national team U19 defeats Lebanese national team
- Assad forces threaten Turkish observation posts in Idlib
- Japan's tallest skyscraper to be built in Tokyo: NHK