Lydian Armenia dispute "damaging to both company and the country"
Prolonged delays in addressing the matter of Lydian Armenia's operations is economically damaging not only to the company but to the country in general, said the Armenian British Business Chamber (ABBC) in a statement.
"Today (July 9) at the National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia the ongoing issue of our member Lydian Armenia was discussed again by the head of the Economic Committee of the Parliament and the Minister of Environment," the ABBC said.
Lydian Armenia's operations have been on a hold for many months awaiting resolution.
"Such prolonged delays in addressing the matter of Lydian Armenia's operations is economically damaging not only to the company but to the country in general.
"We believe in the rule of law, fair treatment of all businesses, in professionalism and integrity."
The Chamber said companies operating in sensitive industries should comply with the highest international standards and local regulations.
"At the same time the government should provide the companies, who are in compliance, certain safeguards and guarantees to ensure their safe operations," the statement said.
"Only balanced and professional resolution of conflicts and concerns can result in the economic growth of the country and raise investor confidence. We hope this matter will find its resolution without unnecessary delays."
- Large-scale military exercises to be held in Armenia
- Ham Pie Recipe
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Triumphs At Emmys For Contentious ‘Long Night’ Episode
- The air temperature will gradually go up by 1-2 degrees
- Bako Sahakyan visited the Moshatagh village of the Kashatagh region
- OPEC sees no risks to market supply due to attacks on Saudi Aramco facilities, says source
- Armen Sarkissian highly appreciated Germany former President's great contribution to the recognition of the Armenian Genocide
- Armenian President signs decree on NSS head resignation
- Growth in export of cucumbers from Armenia comprises 174%
- Former German President Joachim Gauck visited Holy See of Echmiadzin
- Armenia’s security chief steps down
- 21st century is going to be a period of technologies, science, human brain and creativity
- Alexis Ohanian to attend his book's Armenian translation presentation in Yerevan
- Armenian National Security Service chief resigns
- Armenian national futsal team begins training
- Venice Commission delegation is in Armenia
- Aronian to face Matlakov at world cup
- U.S. blames Iran for Saudi attacks, 'pretend' diplomacy: Reuters
- Armenia’s Pashinyan holding major news conference in Vanadzor
- GIPHY founder Alex Chung arriving in Armenia for WCIT
- Erdogan says will discuss U.S. missile purchase with Trump
- Armenian FM kicks off official visit to Lithuania
- Armenia’s Arthur 'White Bear' Alexanyan to compete at world championship final with injury
- 5 daily activities necessary to maintain health
- Guest Recipe: Saghi Bourma (rolled pastry with walnuts)