Meeting of Armen Sarkissian and Nikol Pashinyan held in Presidential Palace
President of Armenia Armen Sarkissian today signed a decree on appointing Nikol Pashinyan Prime Minister of Armenia, the PM’s Office told Armenpress.
The meeting of the President and the Prime Minister was held in the Presidential Palace.
“Mr. Prime Minister, I once again have an occasion to congratulate you, as the leader of a movement and a party, on the victory in the parliamentary elections. I also want to congratulate on the first session of the Parliament of 7th convocation.
Our Parliament has a lot of works to do, and at this stage these works are very clear. The Parliament must do everything to turn the ideas, hopes and expectations of the velvet revolution into a reality today, tomorrow and the next day.
I have received the proposal by the Parliament and based on that I will sign the decree on appointing you Prime Minister with a pleasure.
Congratulations. Best wishes and good luck for the glory of our Fatherland and the whole Armenian people”, President Armen Sarkissian said.
- Letter to the Editor: ‘You Are What Your Record Says You Are’
- Krikor Balakian’s The Ruins of Ani published by Rutgers University Press
- In the daytime of March 20 and on 21-25 no precipitation is predicted
- World Poetry Day to be celebrated in Yerevan Kentron district
- The Mediator between Armenian and Belgian Music: Interview with Pianist Laurence-Anahit Mekhitarian
- Symposium: Life After Babylon
- 2 months of Francophonie launching in Armenia
- More Russians to spend their May holidays in Armenia
- Alpine skier Ashot Karapetyan won second medal in Turkey
- “Prospects for nuclear industry development in Armenia” panel discussion kicked off in Yerevan
- Exploitation of Armenian Genocide term in the background of tension between Israel-Turkey relations is unacceptable: Anna Naghdalyan
- March 20 is International Francophonie Day
- RA MFA spokesperson's briefing launched (live)
- Kocharyan’s lawyers appealed to the Court of Appeal
- Armenian figure skaters to participate in World Cup in Japan
- 6.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Turkey
- Today is International Earth Day
- Karabakh Conflict at Crossroads
- Armenian Ambassador presents credentials to Federal President of Austria
- Today is spring equinox day
- Press conference Minister of Territorial Administration and Development of Armenia kicked off
- Church Saves AGBU Center in Toronto In a Last Minute Financial Arrangement
- Today is Internationsl Day of Happiness
- Kassym-Jomart Tokayev took office as President of Kazakhstan
- Today is academician Joseph Orbeli's birthday