Russian Foreign Ministry warns Armenians about risks of visiting Azerbaijan
The Russian Foreign Ministry published a commentary on its website concerning the non-admission to the Republic of Azerbaijan of Russian citizens with Armenian roots, RUSARMINFO writes.
“Under the pretext of the unresolved Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, the Azerbaijani border service continues to refuse to allow people, regardless of citizenship, who have direct or indirect signs of belonging to Armenian nationality to enter the country. It is motivated by the inability to ensure the personal safety of such persons, ”- the commentary says.
It is also noted that the repeated appeals of the Russian side to the Azerbaijani side about the inadmissibility of discriminatory actions on an ethnic basis with regard to Russian citizens arriving in the country are ignored.
The Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs strongly recommends that Russian citizens carefully weigh the possible risks when planning trips to Azerbaijan.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)