Minsk 2019: Armenia team comes 11th
The Armenia team came 11th with 5 gold, 3 silver and 3 bronze medals at the 2nd European Games ended in Minsk, Belarus.
Samboist Tigran Kirakosyan (52 kg), Greco-Roman wrestler Artur Aleksanyan (97 kg), boxers Artur Hovhannisyan (49 kg), Hovhannes Bachkov (64 kg) and gymnast Artur Davtyan (vault) became champions of the European Games.
Samboist David Grigoryan (82 kg), Greco-Roman wrestler Karapet Chalyan (77 kg) and gymnast Vahagn Davtyan (rings) deserved silver medals.
Samboist Arsen Ghazaryan (74 kg) and boxers Karen Tonakanyan (60 kg) and Gor Nersesyan (81 kg) won bronze medals.
Armenia participated in the European Games with 37 athletes in 9 sports.
More than 4000 athletes from 50 countries performed at the European Games.
The athletes competed in 15 sports for 200 medal sets.
The closing ceremony is on June 30 and will kick off at 21:00 Yerevan time.
- Bulgur, Mint and Peach Salad Recipe
- George R.R. Martin: "Game Of Thrones" being over is "freeing"
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- International Photo Festival to be held in Yerevan
- Turkey Fires Kurdish Mayors Ahead of Military Push Into Syria - Bloomberg
- Iran warns U.S. against seizing Grace 1 oil tanker
- Study reveals over third of children and adolescents are passive smokers
- Danish PM hopes Trump ‘isn’t serious’ about buying Greenland: NYP
- Scientists on possible consequences of large-scale nuclear war
- Improvement of military positions is constant process: Armenia MOD
- Best food to lower high blood pressure
- Chinari village can no longer be fired at from Azerbaijan: Ararat Mirzoyan
- Messi completely recovered from calf injury
- Hidden Painting Under da Vinci Masterpiece Revealed with New Imaging
- Armenian president congratulates Afghan counterpart, people on Independence Day
- April four-day war hero Adam Sahakyan would turn 23 today
- Today is World Humanitarian Day
- Vahagn Davtyan won gold at Open Israeli Championship
- Over 1.7 Mln People Joined Sunday’s Demonstration in Hong Kong
- Levon Aronian played draw at Sinkfield Cup
- Today is World Photography Day
- Armenia government to allocate additional 2.1bn drams for army
- Armenia most popular foreign destination among Russians
- SOAD bassist still hopes the band will make new records
- Catholicos of All Armenians Vazgen and Yerevan Radio