Minsk 2019: Armenia team comes 11th
The Armenia team came 11th with 5 gold, 3 silver and 3 bronze medals at the 2nd European Games ended in Minsk, Belarus.
Samboist Tigran Kirakosyan (52 kg), Greco-Roman wrestler Artur Aleksanyan (97 kg), boxers Artur Hovhannisyan (49 kg), Hovhannes Bachkov (64 kg) and gymnast Artur Davtyan (vault) became champions of the European Games.
Samboist David Grigoryan (82 kg), Greco-Roman wrestler Karapet Chalyan (77 kg) and gymnast Vahagn Davtyan (rings) deserved silver medals.
Samboist Arsen Ghazaryan (74 kg) and boxers Karen Tonakanyan (60 kg) and Gor Nersesyan (81 kg) won bronze medals.
Armenia participated in the European Games with 37 athletes in 9 sports.
More than 4000 athletes from 50 countries performed at the European Games.
The athletes competed in 15 sports for 200 medal sets.
The closing ceremony is on June 30 and will kick off at 21:00 Yerevan time.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)