Armenian President appoints Pashinyan Prime Minister
Armenia President Armen Sarkissian on Monday, during the first session of the new parliament, appointed the acting head of the government Nikol Pashinyan as prime minister of the country, the presidential press service reported.
"Guided by the provisions of the constitution, appoint Nikol Pashinyan Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia," the presidential decree posted on his website says.
According to the constitution of Armenia, after the beginning of the term of office of the newly elected National Assembly, the country's president immediately nominates a candidate represented by the parliamentary majority as prime minister. In this case, the basic law stipulates that in the case of early elections, the term of office of the newly elected National Assembly begins from the opening of its first session.
Cabinet itself is formed in the fifteen-day period after the appointment of the prime minister. After that, the head of government must submit a cabinet program to the National Assembly within 20 days.
The parliament of Armenia of the seventh convocation, formed after the elections of December 9, 2018, will consist of 132 deputies. The “My Step” ruling bloc received 88 mandates, Prosperous Armenia and Bright Armenia parties - 26 and 18 mandates, respectively.
- Iranian President congratulates Armenian leader on Nowruz
- Turkey's Erdogan opens giant theme park in Ankara amid safety concerns
- EU to Finance €23 Million TUMO Convergence Center for Engineering
- In the daytime of March 24-26 the air temperature will go down by 5-6 degrees
- Erdoğan: Agia Sophia will never be a church as long as there is turkish people
- Territorial concession means destruction of Artsakh and Armenia security: Masis Mailyan
- CineCulture and the Armenian Studies Program Present the Fresno State Screening of “Yeva”
- Ararat Mirzoyan discussed importance of launching EU visa liberalization talks for Armenia during Germany visit
- Hayk Martirosyan and Robert Hovhannisyan won victories at European Individual Chess Championship
- U.S.-backed fighters say operation at last Islamic State enclave not over
- Armenian mogul's firm to build 75-storey skyscraper in Dubai
- New holiday: Citizen's Day will appear in the Armenian calendar
- Agricultural production in EAEU countries increased by 19% in recent years
- RA government approved ratification of amendments to CSTO legal status agreement
- Diplomat with Armenian roots: today is Sergey Lavrov's birthday
- State Urban Development Committee has new Chairperson
- Pashinyan congratulates Kurdish community of Armenia on Nawroz
- Baku should make concessions on Artsakh issue: US presidential candidate
- “How to SART UP for Young People”
- Today is International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination
- Beeline Armenia CEO Andrey Pyatakhin recited poems in Armenian on World Poetry Day and Tumanyan's 150th anniversary
- Equal rights and possibilities for everyone in economic sphere is a must: David Babayan
- Today is World Poetry Day
- Zohrab Mnatsakanyan delivered a speech on International Francophonie Day
- Letter to the Editor: ‘You Are What Your Record Says You Are’