Armenian president donates entire annual salary to charity
Armenian President Armen Sarkissian has donated his entire annual salary to a Gyumri-centered charity project.
According to a news release issued by the Sarkissian Administration, the President has donated his yearly income comprising nearly 23,000 dollars to the Hayastan All-Armenian Fund’s Our Gyumri program.
“At the initiative of the Hayastan All-Armenian Fund, a new social [housing] project will be commenced in autumn in Gyumri. President Armen Sarkissian has donated his one-year salary – nearly 23,000 USD – to the Our Gyumri project,” reads the news release.
The President also called for a reconstruction of the second largest city of Armenia.
“Gyumri is our home, let’s rebuild [it], give life to it. This is a unique city, which has a beautiful history and good people,” Sarkissian said.
Sarkissian is actively engaged in promoting Gyumri and has paid numerous visits to the city since becoming president.
- Viennese Apple Strudel recipe
- Yerevan among cities Russian tourists keep returning to: study
- Over the next 5 days a high risk of fire is predicted in the valleys and foothills of the Republic
- U.S. offer to sell Patriot system to Turkey has expired: Reuters
- 71-story skyscraper to be erected in Yerevan
- Armenian army delegation attends CIS armed forces general staffs' chiefs session
- What’s The Right Amount of Sleep?: WebMD
- Armenian President repeals decree depriving Vagharshak Harutyunyan of military rank
- Armenian national team U19 defeats Lebanese national team
- Assad forces threaten Turkish observation posts in Idlib
- Japan's tallest skyscraper to be built in Tokyo: NHK
- Artsakh President receives composer Robert Amirkhanyan
- Armenian ambassador discusses advantages of cooperation in IT and tourism with Belarusian Economy Minister
- Central Bank issues Admiral Isakov-125 silver collector coin
- Syrian army declares full control over Khan Sheikhoun
- The only interest I have is Armenia’s balanced interest, PM says on Amulsar
- Lausanne 2020: Opening Ceremony of Games to be held at Malley Ice Rink
- Moscow to host concert dedicated to Komitas's 150th anniversary
- Ombudsman sends working group to Armenia’s Jermuk
- Ararat Armenia beats Dudelange 2-1 in Europa League play-off
- Today is International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition
- US concerned with Turkey’s removal of Kurdish mayors
- Brad Pitt, Liv Tyler and Tommy Lee Jones in the new trailer for "To the Stars”: Galpost
- 29 years ago this day Declaration of State Sovereignty of Armenia was adopted
- Dwayne Johnson tops Forbes highest paid actors list again: BBC