Armenian president donates entire annual salary to charity
Armenian President Armen Sarkissian has donated his entire annual salary to a Gyumri-centered charity project.
According to a news release issued by the Sarkissian Administration, the President has donated his yearly income comprising nearly 23,000 dollars to the Hayastan All-Armenian Fund’s Our Gyumri program.
“At the initiative of the Hayastan All-Armenian Fund, a new social [housing] project will be commenced in autumn in Gyumri. President Armen Sarkissian has donated his one-year salary – nearly 23,000 USD – to the Our Gyumri project,” reads the news release.
The President also called for a reconstruction of the second largest city of Armenia.
“Gyumri is our home, let’s rebuild [it], give life to it. This is a unique city, which has a beautiful history and good people,” Sarkissian said.
Sarkissian is actively engaged in promoting Gyumri and has paid numerous visits to the city since becoming president.
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)
- Nutritionists reveal secret of eternal youth
- New sarcophagus of Chernobyl nuclear power plant photographed from bird's eye view
- Turkey won’t stop Syria operation until it achieves goals, Erdogan administration says