BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe Leaks То Preview Stunning 6 Series GC Successor
The teasing game for the first-ever BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe officially started in early May confirming the debut of the car is finally coming in June. Approximately two weeks after the first sketches were released, we received a batch of spy photos showing an almost completely undisguised prototype, and now a leaked photo basically reveals the stylish four-door coupe in its entirety.
The single studio shot here comes courtesy of Car and Driver and reveals a gorgeous-looking vehicle with a sloped roofline and four doors. The proportions seem familiar given into account the 8 Series Gran Coupe acts as the spiritual successor for the 6 Series Gran Coupe. The basic idea remains unchanged but the execution is more stylish.
Naturally, the front end is largely shared with the 8 Series coupe and convertible but the expanded body thanks to the addition of two rear doors and the short rear overhang create a beautiful overall silhouette. As far as we can tell by looking at the front bumper, this is likely the M850i trim with a V8 engine.
This means the car you see depicted here has BMW’s 4.4-liter twin-turbo V8 generating 523 horsepower (390 kilowatts) and 553 pound-feet (750 Newton-meters). It is mated to an eight-speed automatic gearbox, which sends power to all four wheels through an xDrive all-wheel-drive system. This powertrain is also available for the 8 Series coupe and convertible.
Customers in Europe will also get the diesel-powered 840d equipped with a 3.0-liter twin-turbo inline-six diesel offering 315 hp (235 kW) and 502 lb-ft (680 Nm). Later during the model’s lifecycle, BMW will most likely launch the 840i with a 3.0-liter turbocharged inline-six gas engine good for 335 hp (250 kW) and 332 lb-ft (450 Nm). A range-topping M variant is also in the works.
- Syrian Restaurants in Armenia: A Pinch of Home, A Taste of Exile
- First-ever Armenian-language TV station launches in Turkey
- Аwards ceremony for the winners of 2018/2019 season was held
- Exiled Turkish journalist reunited with family in Germany after 3 years
- Karabakh President visits Askeran, Martakert Regions
- Apple registers 7 Mac notebooks in Eurasian database
- Recipe Corner: Guest Recipe: Baked Spinach and Eggs (Havgitov Spanach)
- Everything you should know about proper nutrition and healthy lifestyle: Lidia Ayvazyan is the guest of Hay Dzayn Today
- Minsk 2019: Lineup of the Armenia Greco-Roman wrestling team
- Pashinyan Faces Traps in and out of Armenia: Armenian Mirror-Spectator
- Yerevan-Tehran roundtrip regular flights launched on June 15
- Yervand Kochar's most famous sculptures
- President Sarkissian congratulated China’s Xi Jinping on birthday
- Armenia's Levon Aronian shares 2nd-3rd spots at Norway Chess
- Today is Republic of Armenia National Flag Day
- 7th Pan-Armenian Summer Games’ torch heads from Turkey’s Van to Karabakh’s Stepanakert
- Today is Armenian prominent sculptor Ervand Kochar’s birthday
- Journalist Deniz Yücel Speaks Out on Arrest in Turkey
- Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon Panossian Gives Kids Smiles in Armenia
- Interview with President Armen Sarkissian: Financial Times of London
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe Leaks То Preview Stunning 6 Series GC Successor
- Armenia improves standing in Global Peace Index
- EU will extend Russia sanctions for another year
- Armenia’s national football team improves positions in FIFA World Ranking by 9 points