BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe Leaks То Preview Stunning 6 Series GC Successor
The teasing game for the first-ever BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe officially started in early May confirming the debut of the car is finally coming in June. Approximately two weeks after the first sketches were released, we received a batch of spy photos showing an almost completely undisguised prototype, and now a leaked photo basically reveals the stylish four-door coupe in its entirety.
The single studio shot here comes courtesy of Car and Driver and reveals a gorgeous-looking vehicle with a sloped roofline and four doors. The proportions seem familiar given into account the 8 Series Gran Coupe acts as the spiritual successor for the 6 Series Gran Coupe. The basic idea remains unchanged but the execution is more stylish.
Naturally, the front end is largely shared with the 8 Series coupe and convertible but the expanded body thanks to the addition of two rear doors and the short rear overhang create a beautiful overall silhouette. As far as we can tell by looking at the front bumper, this is likely the M850i trim with a V8 engine.
This means the car you see depicted here has BMW’s 4.4-liter twin-turbo V8 generating 523 horsepower (390 kilowatts) and 553 pound-feet (750 Newton-meters). It is mated to an eight-speed automatic gearbox, which sends power to all four wheels through an xDrive all-wheel-drive system. This powertrain is also available for the 8 Series coupe and convertible.
Customers in Europe will also get the diesel-powered 840d equipped with a 3.0-liter twin-turbo inline-six diesel offering 315 hp (235 kW) and 502 lb-ft (680 Nm). Later during the model’s lifecycle, BMW will most likely launch the 840i with a 3.0-liter turbocharged inline-six gas engine good for 335 hp (250 kW) and 332 lb-ft (450 Nm). A range-topping M variant is also in the works.
- Trump not taking back foreign aid; Armenia among countries to benefit NEW 8 MINUTES AGO
- 'Spanish Stonehenge' revealed: Daily Mail
- Trump announced new meeting with Kim Jong-un is possible
- Recipe Corner: Auntie Zee’s World-Famous Apricot Jam from Fresno
- Technovation Armenia 2019 Program Concludes with Awards
- Armenian Artists in Research and Dialogue
- Katherine Hodgson: Researching the Beautiful and Fascinating Armenian Language
- Trump orders companies to seek "alternative markets" to China
- North Korea launches two more ballistic missiles into sea: Seoul
- Pashinyan Backs Major Mining Project In Armenia
- How to increase life expectancy?
- ‘Abandoned’ Armenian Properties around the World: Part III
- Serena Williams paired with Maria Sharapova in U.S. Open first round
- Armenian PM congratulates Ukraine on Independence Day
- Trump talks about serving '14 more years' as president: Independent
- UNESCO delegation visits Armenia Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport
- Drinking coffee first thing in the morning can be bad
- Viennese Apple Strudel recipe
- Yerevan among cities Russian tourists keep returning to: study
- Over the next 5 days a high risk of fire is predicted in the valleys and foothills of the Republic
- U.S. offer to sell Patriot system to Turkey has expired: Reuters
- 71-story skyscraper to be erected in Yerevan
- Armenian army delegation attends CIS armed forces general staffs' chiefs session
- What’s The Right Amount of Sleep?: WebMD
- Armenian President repeals decree depriving Vagharshak Harutyunyan of military rank