BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe Leaks То Preview Stunning 6 Series GC Successor
The teasing game for the first-ever BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe officially started in early May confirming the debut of the car is finally coming in June. Approximately two weeks after the first sketches were released, we received a batch of spy photos showing an almost completely undisguised prototype, and now a leaked photo basically reveals the stylish four-door coupe in its entirety.
The single studio shot here comes courtesy of Car and Driver and reveals a gorgeous-looking vehicle with a sloped roofline and four doors. The proportions seem familiar given into account the 8 Series Gran Coupe acts as the spiritual successor for the 6 Series Gran Coupe. The basic idea remains unchanged but the execution is more stylish.
Naturally, the front end is largely shared with the 8 Series coupe and convertible but the expanded body thanks to the addition of two rear doors and the short rear overhang create a beautiful overall silhouette. As far as we can tell by looking at the front bumper, this is likely the M850i trim with a V8 engine.
This means the car you see depicted here has BMW’s 4.4-liter twin-turbo V8 generating 523 horsepower (390 kilowatts) and 553 pound-feet (750 Newton-meters). It is mated to an eight-speed automatic gearbox, which sends power to all four wheels through an xDrive all-wheel-drive system. This powertrain is also available for the 8 Series coupe and convertible.
Customers in Europe will also get the diesel-powered 840d equipped with a 3.0-liter twin-turbo inline-six diesel offering 315 hp (235 kW) and 502 lb-ft (680 Nm). Later during the model’s lifecycle, BMW will most likely launch the 840i with a 3.0-liter turbocharged inline-six gas engine good for 335 hp (250 kW) and 332 lb-ft (450 Nm). A range-topping M variant is also in the works.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)