Tokyo 2020 staff and volunteers uniforms unveiled
The Organising Committee for the Olympic and Paralympic Games has unveiled the official uniforms of more than 110,000 staff members and volunteers who will welcome and provide support to spectators, athletes and other visitors during the Games.
The uniforms are made of breathable material that protects from the heat. They are also water-absorbent and quick-drying. Its trousers can be turned into shorts when the temperature rises. The uniforms are made of recycled polyester and plant material. The uniform shoes have been coloured using a special dyeing process which uses a minimum amount of water.
The uniforms are of two types designed for city volunteers and venue volunteers. The city volunteers’ uniform features a chequered Tokyo 2020 emblem. Its dark blue-and-white patterns will allow the city volunteers to be easily identified by tourists and other visitors on Tokyo’s streets. The venue volunteers’ uniform also features the Games’ emblem.
According to the Tokyo 2020 theme “unity in diversity”, the uniform has a unisex design that will allow staff and volunteers of all ages, sizes and physical conditions to wear it.
Though the city and venue uniforms differ from each other they have similarities to demosntrate the unity between all the staff and volunteers.
- Bulgur, Mint and Peach Salad Recipe
- George R.R. Martin: "Game Of Thrones" being over is "freeing"
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- International Photo Festival to be held in Yerevan
- Turkey Fires Kurdish Mayors Ahead of Military Push Into Syria - Bloomberg
- Iran warns U.S. against seizing Grace 1 oil tanker
- Study reveals over third of children and adolescents are passive smokers
- Danish PM hopes Trump ‘isn’t serious’ about buying Greenland: NYP
- Scientists on possible consequences of large-scale nuclear war
- Improvement of military positions is constant process: Armenia MOD
- Best food to lower high blood pressure
- Chinari village can no longer be fired at from Azerbaijan: Ararat Mirzoyan
- Messi completely recovered from calf injury
- Hidden Painting Under da Vinci Masterpiece Revealed with New Imaging
- Armenian president congratulates Afghan counterpart, people on Independence Day
- April four-day war hero Adam Sahakyan would turn 23 today
- Today is World Humanitarian Day
- Vahagn Davtyan won gold at Open Israeli Championship
- Over 1.7 Mln People Joined Sunday’s Demonstration in Hong Kong
- Levon Aronian played draw at Sinkfield Cup
- Armenia government to allocate additional 2.1bn drams for army
- Today is World Photography Day
- Armenia most popular foreign destination among Russians
- SOAD bassist still hopes the band will make new records
- Catholicos of All Armenians Vazgen and Yerevan Radio