Tokyo 2020 staff and volunteers uniforms unveiled
The Organising Committee for the Olympic and Paralympic Games has unveiled the official uniforms of more than 110,000 staff members and volunteers who will welcome and provide support to spectators, athletes and other visitors during the Games.
The uniforms are made of breathable material that protects from the heat. They are also water-absorbent and quick-drying. Its trousers can be turned into shorts when the temperature rises. The uniforms are made of recycled polyester and plant material. The uniform shoes have been coloured using a special dyeing process which uses a minimum amount of water.
The uniforms are of two types designed for city volunteers and venue volunteers. The city volunteers’ uniform features a chequered Tokyo 2020 emblem. Its dark blue-and-white patterns will allow the city volunteers to be easily identified by tourists and other visitors on Tokyo’s streets. The venue volunteers’ uniform also features the Games’ emblem.
According to the Tokyo 2020 theme “unity in diversity”, the uniform has a unisex design that will allow staff and volunteers of all ages, sizes and physical conditions to wear it.
Though the city and venue uniforms differ from each other they have similarities to demosntrate the unity between all the staff and volunteers.
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)
- Nutritionists reveal secret of eternal youth
- New sarcophagus of Chernobyl nuclear power plant photographed from bird's eye view
- Turkey won’t stop Syria operation until it achieves goals, Erdogan administration says