Pashinyan discussed issues of bilateral cooperation with his Chinese counterpart
Prime Minister of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan, who is on a working visit to the People’s Republic of China, met with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang in the House of People’s Representatives, the press service of the Government of Armenia reports.
The Prime Minister of the People's Republic of China welcomed the visit of Nikol Pashinyan and expressed confidence that he would contribute to the further development and strengthening of bilateral relations. Li Keqiang stressed the existence of centuries-old bilateral ties and added that this is a good basis to give new impetus to cooperation between China and Armenia.
“We can closely cooperate in various fields, given the similarities between our two countries - there is a strong political base for this,” said Li Keqiang.
Pashinyan thanked for the warm welcome and said: “I am very pleased with this meeting. "Dialogue of Asian Civilizations" conference is very important for us. The opening of the conference took place, and it was very impressive. This conference is a good opportunity to discuss further cooperation issues. I am very pleased with this opportunity and meeting with you at the conference. Armenia and China have common interests. I believe this visit will give a new impetus to the work on programs that represent the interests of Armenia and China”.
Nikol Pashinyan noted the importance of cooperation in the fields of industry, transport and information technology.
Li Keqiang noted the importance of further developing bilateral economic ties, stressing that the approaches of the Chinese side coincide with the sectoral priorities voiced by Prime Minister Pashinyan.
The sides discussed issues related to the expansion and deepening of cooperation in trade, industry, transport, information technology, agriculture. The issues of cooperation in the construction of the North-South highway and the implementation of other infrastructure projects in Armenia were also touched upon. Li Keqiang stressed the Chinese government is ready to participate in these programs.
The parties discussed the possibility of implementing joint projects within the framework of the “One Belt, One Road” initiative, in particular, the implementation of projects in the field of transport, railway and information infrastructures.
Then, Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan and Premier of the State Council of the People's Republic of China discussed issues on the Armenian-Chinese economic relations during the dinner.
The meeting was attended by Minister of Transport, Communications and Information Technologies of Armenia Hakob Arshakyan, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of China and the Minister of Industry and Information Technologies of China.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)