Pashinyan discussed issues of bilateral cooperation with his Chinese counterpart
Prime Minister of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan, who is on a working visit to the People’s Republic of China, met with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang in the House of People’s Representatives, the press service of the Government of Armenia reports.
The Prime Minister of the People's Republic of China welcomed the visit of Nikol Pashinyan and expressed confidence that he would contribute to the further development and strengthening of bilateral relations. Li Keqiang stressed the existence of centuries-old bilateral ties and added that this is a good basis to give new impetus to cooperation between China and Armenia.
“We can closely cooperate in various fields, given the similarities between our two countries - there is a strong political base for this,” said Li Keqiang.
Pashinyan thanked for the warm welcome and said: “I am very pleased with this meeting. "Dialogue of Asian Civilizations" conference is very important for us. The opening of the conference took place, and it was very impressive. This conference is a good opportunity to discuss further cooperation issues. I am very pleased with this opportunity and meeting with you at the conference. Armenia and China have common interests. I believe this visit will give a new impetus to the work on programs that represent the interests of Armenia and China”.
Nikol Pashinyan noted the importance of cooperation in the fields of industry, transport and information technology.
Li Keqiang noted the importance of further developing bilateral economic ties, stressing that the approaches of the Chinese side coincide with the sectoral priorities voiced by Prime Minister Pashinyan.
The sides discussed issues related to the expansion and deepening of cooperation in trade, industry, transport, information technology, agriculture. The issues of cooperation in the construction of the North-South highway and the implementation of other infrastructure projects in Armenia were also touched upon. Li Keqiang stressed the Chinese government is ready to participate in these programs.
The parties discussed the possibility of implementing joint projects within the framework of the “One Belt, One Road” initiative, in particular, the implementation of projects in the field of transport, railway and information infrastructures.
Then, Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan and Premier of the State Council of the People's Republic of China discussed issues on the Armenian-Chinese economic relations during the dinner.
The meeting was attended by Minister of Transport, Communications and Information Technologies of Armenia Hakob Arshakyan, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of China and the Minister of Industry and Information Technologies of China.
- Trump talks about serving '14 more years' as president: Independent NEW 4 MINUTES AGO
- Drinking coffee first thing in the morning can be bad
- Viennese Apple Strudel recipe
- Yerevan among cities Russian tourists keep returning to: study
- Over the next 5 days a high risk of fire is predicted in the valleys and foothills of the Republic
- U.S. offer to sell Patriot system to Turkey has expired: Reuters
- 71-story skyscraper to be erected in Yerevan
- Armenian army delegation attends CIS armed forces general staffs' chiefs session
- What’s The Right Amount of Sleep?: WebMD
- Armenian President repeals decree depriving Vagharshak Harutyunyan of military rank
- Armenian national team U19 defeats Lebanese national team
- Assad forces threaten Turkish observation posts in Idlib
- Japan's tallest skyscraper to be built in Tokyo: NHK
- Artsakh President receives composer Robert Amirkhanyan
- Armenian ambassador discusses advantages of cooperation in IT and tourism with Belarusian Economy Minister
- Central Bank issues Admiral Isakov-125 silver collector coin
- Syrian army declares full control over Khan Sheikhoun
- The only interest I have is Armenia’s balanced interest, PM says on Amulsar
- Lausanne 2020: Opening Ceremony of Games to be held at Malley Ice Rink
- Moscow to host concert dedicated to Komitas's 150th anniversary
- Ombudsman sends working group to Armenia’s Jermuk
- Ararat Armenia beats Dudelange 2-1 in Europa League play-off
- Today is International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition
- US concerned with Turkey’s removal of Kurdish mayors
- Brad Pitt, Liv Tyler and Tommy Lee Jones in the new trailer for "To the Stars”: Galpost