CSTO to discuss appointment of Belarus representative to the post of general secretary
The issue of appointing the Secretary General of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) will be decided at a meeting of the Council of Ministers of Foreign Affairs of the CSTO on May 22, as the acting secretary general of the organization Valery Semerikov informs, BelTA reports.
According to him, on May 17 an extraordinary meeting of the CSTO Permanent Council will be held, where the issue of a new general secretary of the organization will be discussed. Proposals will be prepared for submission to the CSTO Ministerial Council meeting.
“There will be a corresponding decision already made,” - said the Acting Secretary General of the organization. He added that the foreign ministers recommend this or that official to the heads of state.
According to Valery Semerikov, the appointment of the representative of Belarus, Secretary of State of the Security Council Stanislav Zas, to the post of head of the CSTO will be discussed. He recalled that it was Belarus’s turn to occupy the post of Secretary General on January 1 of the following year. Today, this position should be replaced by the representative of Armenia, but force majeure happened.
“I think the final decision on the appointment will be made on May 22. We have one candidate submitted for approval, and many presidents have endorsed it. We will discuss this issue in detail”, - the acting CSTO Secretary General noted.
- UN says the world now is home to 272 million migrants
- British travel vlogger flies 30,000 miles to see the Seven Wonders of the World in just seven days: The Sun
- Hyundai Motor Group Develops Center Side Airbag
- The air temperature will gradually go down by 9-11 degrees
- Google plans to protect users from dubious medical information
- Artsakh comments on statements of Georgian and Ukrainian foreign ministries
- Armenian PM holds farewell meeting with UK Ambassador
- Surp Amenaprkich Ghazanchetsots Cathedral in Shushi
- Romania’s Senate adopts bill to declare October 12 Day of Armenian language, alphabet and culture
- Dzeko wants Mkhitaryan to stay at Roma for long term
- Former Police Chief of Armenia Vladimir Gasparyan charged for abuse of power
- Saudi Arabia vows "material evidence" linking Iran to oil attack
- President Sarkissian signs decree on dismissing Valery Osipyan as Police Chief of Armenia
- OSCE conducts monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan line of contact
- PM fires Police Chief Valery Osipyan
- Iranian leader calls attack on Saudi refineries warning from Yemenis
- Armenian FM hosted by Latvian President in Riga Castle
- Armenia’s Independence Day
- Valeriy Osipyan’s resignation not discussed at Security Council’s session: NA speaker
- No such thing: Armenia defense minister on chances of stepping down
- World Chess Cup: Armenia’s Aronian is in 1/8 finals
- Today Armenia celebrates Astronomy Day
- Today is outstanding Armenian astronomer Viktor Hambardzumyan's birthday
- Armenia Police Chief resigns
- Chicken fricassee recipe