CSTO to discuss appointment of Belarus representative to the post of general secretary
The issue of appointing the Secretary General of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) will be decided at a meeting of the Council of Ministers of Foreign Affairs of the CSTO on May 22, as the acting secretary general of the organization Valery Semerikov informs, BelTA reports.
According to him, on May 17 an extraordinary meeting of the CSTO Permanent Council will be held, where the issue of a new general secretary of the organization will be discussed. Proposals will be prepared for submission to the CSTO Ministerial Council meeting.
“There will be a corresponding decision already made,” - said the Acting Secretary General of the organization. He added that the foreign ministers recommend this or that official to the heads of state.
According to Valery Semerikov, the appointment of the representative of Belarus, Secretary of State of the Security Council Stanislav Zas, to the post of head of the CSTO will be discussed. He recalled that it was Belarus’s turn to occupy the post of Secretary General on January 1 of the following year. Today, this position should be replaced by the representative of Armenia, but force majeure happened.
“I think the final decision on the appointment will be made on May 22. We have one candidate submitted for approval, and many presidents have endorsed it. We will discuss this issue in detail”, - the acting CSTO Secretary General noted.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)