For the first time in history our ballet was performed on Bolshoi Theater stage, maybe they don’t need this all?: Konstantin Orbelyan
“I am proud of what we have achieved in these 18 months, I am proud of our success, everyone knows about the tours at the Bolshoi Theater, also in Dubai, Kuwait, and about our numerous premieres. For the first time in history, our ballet was performed on the stage of the Bolshoi Theater, maybe they don’t need this all, maybe I am not in the right place? ”, - the director and artistic director of the National Armenian Academic Opera and Ballet Theater, Konstantin Orbelyan told reporters, commenting on his dismissal.
Orbelyan noted that Nazeni Garibyan has been trying to make him leave for 9 months already: “Only an ignorant person can make such rather drastic decisions in relation to the main theater of the country. My dismissal is in force from April 1, maybe this is also an April Fool's joke? ”- the maestro joked.
According to him, for all this time they have not received a single congratulation from the Ministry of Culture.
“Either this is neglect on the part of the Ministry, or this is a complete ignorance of their activities, they don’t come to the performances, although we invite every time, maybe they don’t know what is happening here? The night before, Lilith Makunts phoned me, expressing her surprise at what had happened. Let's see what happens next, ” - Orbelyan added.
Recall the director and artistic director of the National Armenian Academic Theater of Opera and Ballet after Spendiaryan, Konstantin Orbelyan was dismissed from his post by the decision of Acting Culture Minister Nazeni Gharibyan.
The maestro added that he intends to go to court, because the grounds for dismissal are illegal.
“There will be a big and very loud trial”, - he added.
The actors of the theater, in turn, noted that they were inviting Nazeni Gharibyan tomorrow, at 16:00, to meet with the staff, and they said they intend to fight this decision and protest it in court.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)