Armenian cuisine: soup with lentils and vegetables
Chicken or vegetable broth - 1.5 l
Red lentils - 120 gr.
Potatoes - 2 pcs.
Onions - 1 pc.
Garlic - 2 cloves
Bulgarian pepper - 2 pcs.
Carrots - 1 or 2 pieces.
Celery - 1 stalk
Salt, pepper - optional
Cooking oil for frying
Fresh green for decoration
Cut potatoes and carrots into small cubes, finely chop celery, onion and bell pepper. Pour the vegetable oil into the pan, fry the onions to transparency.
Add onions, carrots and celery and fry for 3-4 minutes. Add Bulgarian pepper and continue cooking the same time. Boil lentils and potatoes in a saucepan with broth, boil lentils for about 20 minutes until cooked. Then add fried vegetables and continue to boil until boiling. Add salt, pepper.
When the potatoes and lentils are ready, turn off the gas, add chopped garlic, cover and leave for 15 minutes. Before you apply, decorate with greens.
- 6.1 magnitude quake strikes south of Indonesia’s Bali NEW 21 MINUTES AGO
- Pakistan re-opens airspace for civil aviation
- Europe to choose best young athlete
- Aeroflot Magazine devoted pages to Armenia
- Armenian PM’s wife attends charity performance in Yerevan Puppet Theatre
- Erdogan announced Turkey’s plans to establish joint production of air defense systems with Russia
- PM Pashinyan’s spokesperson comments on Venice Commission protocol
- Ryanair, WizzAir “ready to fly to Armenia if departure tax is dropped”
- Ambassador: Russia respects events underway in Armenia
- Arshak Chopanyan and issues of ancient Armenian literature
- Nutritionist shares top 5 tips to lose weight
- President Sarkissian visits Megerian Carpet in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Layered Middle Eastern Mazza (or Salad)
- Tekeyan Cultural Association, Inc. Dr. Nubar Berberian Annual Awards
- Mkhitaryan meets with Armenian community in LA
- Iranian military aircraft spotted at Hama Airbase in Syria
- I wish 'Golden Apricot' further rotting: David Sahakyants
- Wetting is not mandatory, therefore, the authorities agreed to abandon this idea: Arpine Hovhannisyan
- Daron Acemoglu named MIT Institute Professor
- Arshak Chopanyan's activities as an ADL member
- Swiss scientists predict climate similar to Tashkent for Yerevan in 30 years
- Erdogan announced sending 100 people to Russia for learning how to work with S-400
- Armenian team won 5 medals at International Physics Olympiad
- EU foreign ministers to discuss situation around Iran
- 152 demonstrators detained in Paris