Oxford University project draws attention to Armenian studies
Oxford Armenian Studies launched short video “Research Notes” featuring Armenian studies scholars in the Faculty of Oriental Studies at University of Oxford, MassisPost reports.
Prof. Theo Maarten van Lint (Calouste Gulbenkian Professor of Armenian Studies), Dr. Hratch Tchilingirian (Associate Faculty) and Dr. David Zakarian (British Academy Fellow) highlight various aspects of their current research in these audio-visual notes.
“This new initiative aims to reach a wider audience beyond academia and to draw attention to the depth and scope of Armenian studies by providing a snippet of a subject or research findings,” explained Tchilingirian, who conceived and produced the clips.
The five “Research Notes” posted on social media so far have reached some ten thousand people online.
In “Research Notes 1”, Prof. van Lint speaks about his intellectual and academic journey into Armenian studies. In three additional clips (Notes 2, 3 and 4), he presents highlights of his work on medieval Armenian authors. Dr. Zakarian speaks about his research in medieval colophons (Notes 5) and women in 5th century Armenia (Notes 6). In Notes 7, Dr. Tchilingirian speaks about his research on identity and notes a “connection” to chess in 12th century Armenia and, in Notes 8, discusses deaconesses in the Armenian Church.
- Iranian President congratulates Armenian leader on Nowruz
- Turkey's Erdogan opens giant theme park in Ankara amid safety concerns
- EU to Finance €23 Million TUMO Convergence Center for Engineering
- In the daytime of March 24-26 the air temperature will go down by 5-6 degrees
- Erdoğan: Agia Sophia will never be a church as long as there is turkish people
- Territorial concession means destruction of Artsakh and Armenia security: Masis Mailyan
- CineCulture and the Armenian Studies Program Present the Fresno State Screening of “Yeva”
- Ararat Mirzoyan discussed importance of launching EU visa liberalization talks for Armenia during Germany visit
- Hayk Martirosyan and Robert Hovhannisyan won victories at European Individual Chess Championship
- U.S.-backed fighters say operation at last Islamic State enclave not over
- Armenian mogul's firm to build 75-storey skyscraper in Dubai
- New holiday: Citizen's Day will appear in the Armenian calendar
- Agricultural production in EAEU countries increased by 19% in recent years
- RA government approved ratification of amendments to CSTO legal status agreement
- Diplomat with Armenian roots: today is Sergey Lavrov's birthday
- State Urban Development Committee has new Chairperson
- Pashinyan congratulates Kurdish community of Armenia on Nawroz
- Baku should make concessions on Artsakh issue: US presidential candidate
- “How to SART UP for Young People”
- Today is International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination
- Beeline Armenia CEO Andrey Pyatakhin recited poems in Armenian on World Poetry Day and Tumanyan's 150th anniversary
- Equal rights and possibilities for everyone in economic sphere is a must: David Babayan
- Today is World Poetry Day
- Zohrab Mnatsakanyan delivered a speech on International Francophonie Day
- Letter to the Editor: ‘You Are What Your Record Says You Are’