Oxford University project draws attention to Armenian studies
Oxford Armenian Studies launched short video “Research Notes” featuring Armenian studies scholars in the Faculty of Oriental Studies at University of Oxford, MassisPost reports.
Prof. Theo Maarten van Lint (Calouste Gulbenkian Professor of Armenian Studies), Dr. Hratch Tchilingirian (Associate Faculty) and Dr. David Zakarian (British Academy Fellow) highlight various aspects of their current research in these audio-visual notes.
“This new initiative aims to reach a wider audience beyond academia and to draw attention to the depth and scope of Armenian studies by providing a snippet of a subject or research findings,” explained Tchilingirian, who conceived and produced the clips.
The five “Research Notes” posted on social media so far have reached some ten thousand people online.
In “Research Notes 1”, Prof. van Lint speaks about his intellectual and academic journey into Armenian studies. In three additional clips (Notes 2, 3 and 4), he presents highlights of his work on medieval Armenian authors. Dr. Zakarian speaks about his research in medieval colophons (Notes 5) and women in 5th century Armenia (Notes 6). In Notes 7, Dr. Tchilingirian speaks about his research on identity and notes a “connection” to chess in 12th century Armenia and, in Notes 8, discusses deaconesses in the Armenian Church.
- First "Spider-Man: Far From Home" trailer lands online (video)
- Armenian American Museum hosting inaugural Telethon on Feb. 17
- In Yerevan on January 16, 18-20 no precipitation is predicted
- New Year photos of Yerevan on Iranian ILNA website (photo)
- “The Sins of the Fathers” By Siobhan Nash-Marshall to Be Presented in Glendale & Pasadena
- US condemns Iran for satellite launch
- Russia expecting progress in the Karabakh settlement in 2019: Lavrov
- New Mayor of Jerusalem Visited the Armenian Patriarchate
- We will use all legal methods to capture Gülen: Turkish Ministry of Justice
- Georgs Avetisjans: Pursuing His Crane to the Fatherland
- Meeting of Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs begins in Paris
- Pashinyan Formally Reappointed Prime Minister
- Recipe Corner: Garbanzo Bean and Vegetable Soup
- Kim Kardashian restates her wish to visit Armenia with Cher (video)
- New Armenian park to be established near Rostov
- Acting Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan meets with the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Today is World Beatles Day
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan "can‘t wait" to be back on Arsenal pitch
- Armenian President meets with ALNOWAIS Investments Chairman in Abu Dhabi
- Kurds in the Limelight of the Syrian War Theater
- We and the world around us
- New campaign against the US president?
- In the daytime of January 17 the air temperature will go down by 5-6 degrees
- Pashinyan offers condolences to Iranian president over deadly cargo plane crash
- Romanian TAROM airline enters Armenian market