Pashinyan notes Armenia revolution victory price
The revolution that took place in Armenia in 2018 was the “victory of romanticism over pragmatism,” Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan said in an interview with RBC TV of Russia.
Nevertheless, it was necessary to spend money for that, he said, responding to the reporter’s remark that any revolution is always funded by someone.
But the Armenian PM noted that he has no “shadow commitments” before anyone, since he has received the money for this revolution from ordinary people.
“We have spent about $200,000 for our revolution,” Pashinyan said. “Where did that money come from? We have asked [ordinary] people. We had an e-wallet and Armenians from all over the world—the great part from Russia, in that—were donating us money; we spent that money. And during the revolution, we were publicizing every week how much money we have spent and why.”
In Pashinyan’s words, such an approach has enabled the Armenian revolutionaries not to be indebted to any circles.
As per the PM, as a result, the situation in Armenia has changed in a way that “now there are no monopolies here.
Nikol Pashinyan added that this revolution would have been impossible without the social media. He said the latter were the other important condition for the victory of the “Revolution of Love” in Armenia.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)