Pashinyan notes Armenia revolution victory price
The revolution that took place in Armenia in 2018 was the “victory of romanticism over pragmatism,” Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan said in an interview with RBC TV of Russia.
Nevertheless, it was necessary to spend money for that, he said, responding to the reporter’s remark that any revolution is always funded by someone.
But the Armenian PM noted that he has no “shadow commitments” before anyone, since he has received the money for this revolution from ordinary people.
“We have spent about $200,000 for our revolution,” Pashinyan said. “Where did that money come from? We have asked [ordinary] people. We had an e-wallet and Armenians from all over the world—the great part from Russia, in that—were donating us money; we spent that money. And during the revolution, we were publicizing every week how much money we have spent and why.”
In Pashinyan’s words, such an approach has enabled the Armenian revolutionaries not to be indebted to any circles.
As per the PM, as a result, the situation in Armenia has changed in a way that “now there are no monopolies here.
Nikol Pashinyan added that this revolution would have been impossible without the social media. He said the latter were the other important condition for the victory of the “Revolution of Love” in Armenia.
- UN says the world now is home to 272 million migrants
- British travel vlogger flies 30,000 miles to see the Seven Wonders of the World in just seven days: The Sun
- Hyundai Motor Group Develops Center Side Airbag
- The air temperature will gradually go down by 9-11 degrees
- Google plans to protect users from dubious medical information
- Artsakh comments on statements of Georgian and Ukrainian foreign ministries
- Armenian PM holds farewell meeting with UK Ambassador
- Surp Amenaprkich Ghazanchetsots Cathedral in Shushi
- Romania’s Senate adopts bill to declare October 12 Day of Armenian language, alphabet and culture
- Dzeko wants Mkhitaryan to stay at Roma for long term
- Former Police Chief of Armenia Vladimir Gasparyan charged for abuse of power
- Saudi Arabia vows "material evidence" linking Iran to oil attack
- President Sarkissian signs decree on dismissing Valery Osipyan as Police Chief of Armenia
- OSCE conducts monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan line of contact
- PM fires Police Chief Valery Osipyan
- Iranian leader calls attack on Saudi refineries warning from Yemenis
- Armenian FM hosted by Latvian President in Riga Castle
- Armenia’s Independence Day
- Valeriy Osipyan’s resignation not discussed at Security Council’s session: NA speaker
- No such thing: Armenia defense minister on chances of stepping down
- World Chess Cup: Armenia’s Aronian is in 1/8 finals
- Today Armenia celebrates Astronomy Day
- Today is outstanding Armenian astronomer Viktor Hambardzumyan's birthday
- Armenia Police Chief resigns
- Chicken fricassee recipe