Awaiting Pashinyan-Aliyev meeting
As already known, the Pashinyan-Aliyev meeting will take place in Vienna. This is the first meeting of the presidents of the two countries, organized by the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs.
Recall that previous meetings were held randomly, and were called "negotiations in the elevator". That is, we can say this is the first “official” meeting, the main topic of which is the issue of Artsakh’s participation in the negotiations.
In this regard, perhaps the main question is how the parties prepared for the meeting, what advantages and disadvantages are identified. Hay Dzayn repeatedly addressed the topic of developments in Artsakh. In particular, it is known that at the talks not only the positions of the parties are important, but also the emotional background that is formed in these countries before such meetings. In particular, as it is also known, several days ago, Azerbaijan conducted large-scale military exercises near the borders of Artsakh, which many regarded as “preparation” for the negotiation process.
That is, this “preparation” contains a clear threat, accompanied by attempts to promote their positions from Azerbaijan on the contact line. It is not a secret that this process of promotion of positions ran into a tough confrontation from the Armenian side, however, in this process Azerbaijan is the initiating party, and Armenia is the defending one.
Unfortunately, the incident that occurred in one of the military units in Meghri did not receive an assessment by the political leadership of Armenia, which undermines the position of the Armenian side on the eve of the talks. And the presence of a powerful army strengthens the position of the other negotiating side.
Just a few weeks ago, a statement was made by the co-chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group regarding the Artsakh issue, and which is difficult to assess even neutral, and the political leadership of the Republic of Armenia failed to assess that as well.
Recall after the well-known Lisbon Summit of 1996, this was the first statement that was welcomed by official Baku.
So, on the eve of the Pashinyan-Aliyev meeting, events occurred that gave a certain proactive activity to official Baku, while Yerevan remained on a more passive, defensive position. Under these conditions, correct and competent work of Pashinyan, his entourage and the diplomatic corps of Armenia in the direction of holding a meeting at the proper level and strengthening the position of the Armenian side in the Artsakh issue is very important.
- Pakhlava recipe
- Levon Aronian loses in Sinquefield Cup
- Soso Pavliashvili to give a concert in Yerevan
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- Vacationing More Often May Reduce Metabolic Syndrome Risk
- Armen Sarkissian appointed new advisor
- Nikol Pashinyan offered birthday greetings to Garegin II
- Air temperature is 4-5 degrees higher than the norm: chief meteorologist
- Xiaomi posts 15% rise in second quarter revenue, below expectations
- Picture Group announces Matrix 4 with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss reprising roles
- OSCE monitoring on Artsakh and Azerbaijan armed forces contact line conducted
- Russian specialist conducted unique free vascular operations at Armavir MC
- Lydian assumes obligation that Amulsar's contaminated waters will not be released into environment
- UN Security Council to hold emergency session on US missile projects on August 22
- Pashinyan holds consultation on Amulsar matter
- Neymar is close to returning to Barcelona
- Armenian Meat Ball Soup recipe
- U.S. warns Greece against helping Iranian tanker
- Yerevan Mayor sues municipal council ex-member
- Today is International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism
- Garo Paylan says there is state terrorism in Turkey
- Today is Catholicos of All Armenians Karekin II's birthday
- Alexis Ohanian welcomes Dwayne Johnson to Armenian "clan"
- 5 Day Weather Forecast
- Armenia to take part in World Championship with 9 weightlifters