Awaiting Pashinyan-Aliyev meeting
As already known, the Pashinyan-Aliyev meeting will take place in Vienna. This is the first meeting of the presidents of the two countries, organized by the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs.
Recall that previous meetings were held randomly, and were called "negotiations in the elevator". That is, we can say this is the first “official” meeting, the main topic of which is the issue of Artsakh’s participation in the negotiations.
In this regard, perhaps the main question is how the parties prepared for the meeting, what advantages and disadvantages are identified. Hay Dzayn repeatedly addressed the topic of developments in Artsakh. In particular, it is known that at the talks not only the positions of the parties are important, but also the emotional background that is formed in these countries before such meetings. In particular, as it is also known, several days ago, Azerbaijan conducted large-scale military exercises near the borders of Artsakh, which many regarded as “preparation” for the negotiation process.
That is, this “preparation” contains a clear threat, accompanied by attempts to promote their positions from Azerbaijan on the contact line. It is not a secret that this process of promotion of positions ran into a tough confrontation from the Armenian side, however, in this process Azerbaijan is the initiating party, and Armenia is the defending one.
Unfortunately, the incident that occurred in one of the military units in Meghri did not receive an assessment by the political leadership of Armenia, which undermines the position of the Armenian side on the eve of the talks. And the presence of a powerful army strengthens the position of the other negotiating side.
Just a few weeks ago, a statement was made by the co-chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group regarding the Artsakh issue, and which is difficult to assess even neutral, and the political leadership of the Republic of Armenia failed to assess that as well.
Recall after the well-known Lisbon Summit of 1996, this was the first statement that was welcomed by official Baku.
So, on the eve of the Pashinyan-Aliyev meeting, events occurred that gave a certain proactive activity to official Baku, while Yerevan remained on a more passive, defensive position. Under these conditions, correct and competent work of Pashinyan, his entourage and the diplomatic corps of Armenia in the direction of holding a meeting at the proper level and strengthening the position of the Armenian side in the Artsakh issue is very important.
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)
- Nutritionists reveal secret of eternal youth
- New sarcophagus of Chernobyl nuclear power plant photographed from bird's eye view
- Turkey won’t stop Syria operation until it achieves goals, Erdogan administration says