"I Have The Honor" service option will be lowered from 3 to 2 years: lawmakers approved the bill
Armenian lawmakers today approved at first hearing a bill submitted by the government on creating better options for volunteer contract service in the military.
The bill was voted in favor by 95 lawmakers.
Speaker Mirzoyan said that second and final hearing will take place within 24 hours since the committee on defense and security affairs has recommended a special procedure for it.
If passed, the eligible age threshold for signing up for military service in the I Have The Honor service option will become 45 from the current 36.
In addition, the minimal service term will be lowered from 3 to 2 years.
All male citizens who study at vocational educational institutions who are subject to military conscription will be given deferments by the law.
In the event of a conscript having an active-duty sibling, the former will be entitled to serve in the same location if desired.
- Recipe Corner: Auntie Zee’s World-Famous Apricot Jam from Fresno
- Technovation Armenia 2019 Program Concludes with Awards
- Armenian Artists in Research and Dialogue
- Katherine Hodgson: Researching the Beautiful and Fascinating Armenian Language
- Trump orders companies to seek "alternative markets" to China
- North Korea launches two more ballistic missiles into sea: Seoul
- Pashinyan Backs Major Mining Project In Armenia
- How to increase life expectancy?
- ‘Abandoned’ Armenian Properties around the World: Part III
- Serena Williams paired with Maria Sharapova in U.S. Open first round
- Armenian PM congratulates Ukraine on Independence Day
- Trump talks about serving '14 more years' as president: Independent
- UNESCO delegation visits Armenia Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport
- Drinking coffee first thing in the morning can be bad
- Viennese Apple Strudel recipe
- Yerevan among cities Russian tourists keep returning to: study
- Over the next 5 days a high risk of fire is predicted in the valleys and foothills of the Republic
- U.S. offer to sell Patriot system to Turkey has expired: Reuters
- 71-story skyscraper to be erected in Yerevan
- Armenian army delegation attends CIS armed forces general staffs' chiefs session
- What’s The Right Amount of Sleep?: WebMD
- Armenian President repeals decree depriving Vagharshak Harutyunyan of military rank
- Armenian national team U19 defeats Lebanese national team
- Assad forces threaten Turkish observation posts in Idlib
- Japan's tallest skyscraper to be built in Tokyo: NHK