Banan cookies recipe
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 cup of mashed bananas (about 2 ½ large bananas)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 cups of flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground mace or nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 cup of pecans (walnuts and chocolate chips are fine alternatives)
1 Preheat the oven to 350°F. Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and continue to beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
2 In a separate bowl, mix the mashed bananas and baking soda. Let sit for 2 minutes. The baking soda will react with the acid in the bananas which in turn will give the cookies their lift and rise.
Mix the banana mixture into the butter mixture.
3 Whisk together the flour, salt, and spices. Add to the butter and banana mixture and mix until just combined.
4 Fold pecans or chocolate chips (if using) into the batter.
5 Drop in dollops onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until nicely golden brown. Let cool on wire racks.
- Growth in export of cucumbers from Armenia comprises 174% NEW 39 MINUTES AGO
- Armenia’s security chief steps down
- Armenian national futsal team begins training
- Aronian to face Matlakov at world cup
- Armenia’s Pashinyan holding major news conference in Vanadzor
- U.S. blames Iran for Saudi attacks, 'pretend' diplomacy: Reuters
- GIPHY founder Alex Chung arriving in Armenia for WCIT
- Erdogan says will discuss U.S. missile purchase with Trump
- Armenian FM kicks off official visit to Lithuania
- Armenia’s Arthur 'White Bear' Alexanyan to compete at world championship final with injury
- 5 daily activities necessary to maintain health
- Guest Recipe: Saghi Bourma (rolled pastry with walnuts)
- Goethe, Poetry and Truth Honored at Weimar Ceremony
- Another prequel of "Game of Thrones" is eyeing a green light: Deadline
- Growing Interest in Armenian Art at Tufts
- Asdghig ‘Starrie’ Alemian, One of Last Armenian Genocide Survivors in Massachusetts, Dies
- Tuchel: Neymar to play during PSG's upcoming match
- PM Pashinyan congratulates Medvedev on birthday
- Today is World First Aid Day
- Russia's Lavrov says war in Syria has ended
- "Star” of Martiros Saryan installed in Rostov, Russia
- Tension in Armenian-Russian Relations: Armenian Mirror-Spectator
- Arsene Wenger taking up technical role with FIFA
- On September 16-18 the air temperature will gradually go up by 4-5 degrees
- Trump willing to meet again with North Korea’s Kim