Chicken mushroom soup recipe
This healthy chicken and mushroom soup recipe is hearty and flavorful. It's also a great way to use up leftover chicken and comes together in just over 30 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped finely
- 6 ounces crimini mushrooms sliced or chopped
- 2 large carrots peeled & sliced thin
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 6 dashes Italian seasoning
- 2 (10 fluid ounce) cans chicken broth or stock
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup tubular pasta (e.g. ditali, ditalini, macaroni, etc.)
- 2 cups cooked chicken (e.g. rotisserie or leftover) shredded
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Salt & pepper to taste
Add the olive oil and onion to a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Sauté for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, chop the mushrooms and carrots.
Add the mushrooms and garlic to the pot and sauté for another 5 minutes.
Add the carrots, Italian seasoning, chicken broth, and water to the pot. Increase the heat to high and bring to a gentle boil.
Add the pasta and chicken to the pot. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally so the pasta doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot.
Add the half-and-half and salt & pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes. The carrots should be cooked by now, but if they're not, give it another few minutes.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)