Fruit jelly recipe
Preparation time: 10 minutes (and 4+hours setting time)
2 cups no-added-sugar apple and blackcurrant juice
- 3 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 1/2 teaspoon rosewater essence (optional)
- 250 g punnet strawberries, quartered or 300 g frozen mixed berries or blueberries
Tropical fruit jellies
- 2 cups no-added-sugar apple juice
- 3 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut essence (optional)
- 1 medium peach diced or 3/4 cup canned peaches in natural juice, drained
- 1 small banana, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 small mango, peeled, seeded and diced
- Pulp of 2 passionfruit
1. Place 1/2 cup juice and gelatine into a 1-litre microwave safe jug. Microwave on high for 1 minute to boil and dissolve gelatine. Mix well while pouring in remaining juice and essence.
2. Divide fruit among four 250ml (1-cup) capacity serving glasses.
3. Pour juice over fruit and carefully stir with a teaspoon to distribute fruit through jelly.
4. Cover each glass with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight until set.
These jellies are best made 6–8 hours before serving. If left for more than 24 hours, the fruit will begin to soften in the jelly.
Rosewater essence is found in baking aisle of supermarket with other flavourings and vanilla. It is inexpensive and adds a subtle sophisticated ‘Turkish delight’ flavour.
- Use any fruit you like in this recipe, except pineapple, pawpaw or kiwifruit, which contain an enzyme which may prevent the gelatine from setting.
- For children, serve jelly in plastic cups or orange halves.
- For a special occasion, jellies present beautifully in a long stemmed wine or martini glass garnishes with mint and extra chopped fruit.
- Create jelly layers by preparing two different jelly mixtures. Divide fruit and jelly mixture between 8 glasses then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until almost set. Repeat with remaining fruit and second jelly mixture.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)