Fruit jelly recipe
Preparation time: 10 minutes (and 4+hours setting time)
2 cups no-added-sugar apple and blackcurrant juice
- 3 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 1/2 teaspoon rosewater essence (optional)
- 250 g punnet strawberries, quartered or 300 g frozen mixed berries or blueberries
Tropical fruit jellies
- 2 cups no-added-sugar apple juice
- 3 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut essence (optional)
- 1 medium peach diced or 3/4 cup canned peaches in natural juice, drained
- 1 small banana, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 small mango, peeled, seeded and diced
- Pulp of 2 passionfruit
1. Place 1/2 cup juice and gelatine into a 1-litre microwave safe jug. Microwave on high for 1 minute to boil and dissolve gelatine. Mix well while pouring in remaining juice and essence.
2. Divide fruit among four 250ml (1-cup) capacity serving glasses.
3. Pour juice over fruit and carefully stir with a teaspoon to distribute fruit through jelly.
4. Cover each glass with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight until set.
These jellies are best made 6–8 hours before serving. If left for more than 24 hours, the fruit will begin to soften in the jelly.
Rosewater essence is found in baking aisle of supermarket with other flavourings and vanilla. It is inexpensive and adds a subtle sophisticated ‘Turkish delight’ flavour.
- Use any fruit you like in this recipe, except pineapple, pawpaw or kiwifruit, which contain an enzyme which may prevent the gelatine from setting.
- For children, serve jelly in plastic cups or orange halves.
- For a special occasion, jellies present beautifully in a long stemmed wine or martini glass garnishes with mint and extra chopped fruit.
- Create jelly layers by preparing two different jelly mixtures. Divide fruit and jelly mixture between 8 glasses then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until almost set. Repeat with remaining fruit and second jelly mixture.
- Meet Judge Armenui Amy Ashvanian
- Velvety Artistic Representation at Venice Biennale
- Edmond Kherlopian: From Kenya to South Africa and Zambia
- ‘Abandoned’ Armenian Properties Around the World
- Change of Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Armenia: Alan Andranik Gogbashian
- ‘Abandoned’ Armenian Properties around the World
- Tekeyan Cultural Association, Inc. Dr. Nubar Berberian Annual Awards
- Today is Armenian renowned prose writer Vardges Petrosyan's birthday
- 16.7 % increase in passenger flow, as compared to July 2018
- Haghartsin Week: Living and making our heritage alive
- Discovering Armenia: Lastiver (photos)
- Some essential points voiced by the Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan in Artsakh
- Meeting with executive director of the “Hayastan” All-Armenian Fund Haykak Arshamyan
- The Statement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Armenia
- Welcoming speech during the solemn opening ceremony of the 7th Pan-Armenian Summer Games
- Solemn opening ceremony of the 7th Pan-Armenian Summer Games
- 5 Day Weather Forecast
- U18 European C'ship: Armenian women’s basketball team wins gold
- Nikol Pashinyan extends condolences to Donald Trump
- Kiev cutlets recipe
- Air temperature to go down by 8-10 degrees on August 3
- World's largest telescope to appear in Chile by 2027
- Azerbaijan violated ceasefire regime over 900 times during the week
- Commemoration of the Apostle Thaddeus and the Virgin Sandoukht
- Smbataberd Fortress: unapproachable fortress of Vayots Dzor