Beijing 2022 against climate changes
The Beijing 2022 Organising Committee promotes ecological innovations.
Besides the fact that they have decided to use “green” electricity they also struggle against carbon dioxide emissions.
During the Winter Olympic Games the ice rinks will be frozen through new systems not to harm the environment.
“The goal of this initiative is to solve the problem with climate changes both in China and the whole world,” IOC representative Juan Antonio Samaranch said.
Earlier the Beijing 2022 Organising Committee had joined UN’s “Sports for Climate” program which has been supported also by Tokyo 2020 and Paris 2024.
The IOC constantly urges the international sports community to fight against climate changes.
- Bulgur, Mint and Peach Salad Recipe
- George R.R. Martin: "Game Of Thrones" being over is "freeing"
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- International Photo Festival to be held in Yerevan
- Turkey Fires Kurdish Mayors Ahead of Military Push Into Syria - Bloomberg
- Iran warns U.S. against seizing Grace 1 oil tanker
- Study reveals over third of children and adolescents are passive smokers
- Danish PM hopes Trump ‘isn’t serious’ about buying Greenland: NYP
- Scientists on possible consequences of large-scale nuclear war
- Improvement of military positions is constant process: Armenia MOD
- Best food to lower high blood pressure
- Chinari village can no longer be fired at from Azerbaijan: Ararat Mirzoyan
- Messi completely recovered from calf injury
- Hidden Painting Under da Vinci Masterpiece Revealed with New Imaging
- Armenian president congratulates Afghan counterpart, people on Independence Day
- April four-day war hero Adam Sahakyan would turn 23 today
- Today is World Humanitarian Day
- Vahagn Davtyan won gold at Open Israeli Championship
- Over 1.7 Mln People Joined Sunday’s Demonstration in Hong Kong
- Levon Aronian played draw at Sinkfield Cup
- Today is World Photography Day
- Armenia government to allocate additional 2.1bn drams for army
- Armenia most popular foreign destination among Russians
- SOAD bassist still hopes the band will make new records
- Catholicos of All Armenians Vazgen and Yerevan Radio