First Russian-Armenian Lazarev Club session kicked off in Yerevan
The first plenary session of the Russian-Armenian “Lazarev Club” on the topic “Armenia and Russia - two homelands: defense and security”, started on Friday, November 30, in the conference hall of the Sport and Concert Complex named after Karen Demirchyan in Yerevan.
First Deputy Chairperson of the State Duma Committee on CIS Affairs, Eurasian Integration and Relations with Compatriots, Head of the Institute of CIS Countries Konstantin Zatulin delivered a welcoming speech.
“At all stages of independence, Russia and Armenia supported each other. We love Armenia regardless of which governments, presidents, authorities are at the helm here. The historical path of Russia and Armenia is well known, everything seems small when we talk about historical relations between our countries”, Zatullin said.
It should be noted that Armen Sarkissian, acting president, was also invited to participate in the meeting. Prime Minister of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan, Chairperson of the National Assembly Ara Babloyan, President of Artsakh Bako Sahakyan, Secretary of the Security Council Armen Grigoryan, as well as the first, second and third presidents of Armenia and the former President of Artsakh were present, too. Also such political leaders were invited as writer, public figure Zori Balayan, journalist, author and host of the TV program “Evening with Vladimir Solovyov” Vladimir Solovyov, journalist, host of the TV program “Right of Voice” Roman Babayan, dean of the Higher Moscow State University Television School, Secretary General of the CSTO in 2003-2017, Nikolai Bordyuzha, member of the Federation Council of Russia Igor Chernyshenko, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Russian Federation to Armenia in 2009-2013, Vyacheslav Kovalenko and others.
On December 1 - on the second day of the Lazarev Club session, the following topic will be discussed: the Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict: Current State, Paths to War or Peace”, and the “Lazarev Club” organizational meeting - Ideas and Prospects - will be held.
The Lazarev Club, named after the renowned family of Armenian Lazarevs patrons, the founders of the Lazarev Institute of Oriental Languages, is a new informal, free and permanent platform for meetings and exchange of opinions between the societies of Russia and Armenia.
The initiators of the Club, including well-known politicians, diplomats, scientists, journalists, cultural workers, entrepreneurs and social activists of the two countries, stated in their constituent address:
“Both Russia and Armenia should be strong in order to overcome external and internal challenges to their sustainable development. It is not by chance that at all stages of independence Russia and Armenia supported each other, which is confirmed by joint participation in the CIS, the Eurasian Economic Union, the Collective Security Treaty Organization. In such a situation, only joint, bilateral and multilateral actions can be productive. The Lazarev Club will conduct its work publicly and openly, by organizing meetings, round table discusiions and public hearings in Russia and Armenia. We hope that the meetings in the Club will help form a positive attitude for further constructive work to strengthen mutual trust and allied cooperation for the benefit of the peoples of our countries, in the interests of ensuring security and stability throughout the Greater Caucasus region”.
- Levon Aronian loses in Sinquefield Cup
- Soso Pavliashvili to give a concert in Yerevan
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- Vacationing More Often May Reduce Metabolic Syndrome Risk
- Armen Sarkissian appointed new advisor
- Nikol Pashinyan offered birthday greetings to Garegin II
- Air temperature is 4-5 degrees higher than the norm: chief meteorologist
- Xiaomi posts 15% rise in second quarter revenue, below expectations
- Picture Group announces Matrix 4 with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss reprising roles
- OSCE monitoring on Artsakh and Azerbaijan armed forces contact line conducted
- Russian specialist conducted unique free vascular operations at Armavir MC
- Lydian assumes obligation that Amulsar's contaminated waters will not be released into environment
- UN Security Council to hold emergency session on US missile projects on August 22
- Pashinyan holds consultation on Amulsar matter
- Neymar is close to returning to Barcelona
- Armenian Meat Ball Soup recipe
- U.S. warns Greece against helping Iranian tanker
- Yerevan Mayor sues municipal council ex-member
- Today is International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism
- Garo Paylan says there is state terrorism in Turkey
- Today is Catholicos of All Armenians Karekin II's birthday
- Alexis Ohanian welcomes Dwayne Johnson to Armenian "clan"
- 5 Day Weather Forecast
- Armenia to take part in World Championship with 9 weightlifters
- Liu Yifei: Mulan boycott urged after star backs HK police