First Russian-Armenian Lazarev Club session kicked off in Yerevan
The first plenary session of the Russian-Armenian “Lazarev Club” on the topic “Armenia and Russia - two homelands: defense and security”, started on Friday, November 30, in the conference hall of the Sport and Concert Complex named after Karen Demirchyan in Yerevan.
First Deputy Chairperson of the State Duma Committee on CIS Affairs, Eurasian Integration and Relations with Compatriots, Head of the Institute of CIS Countries Konstantin Zatulin delivered a welcoming speech.
“At all stages of independence, Russia and Armenia supported each other. We love Armenia regardless of which governments, presidents, authorities are at the helm here. The historical path of Russia and Armenia is well known, everything seems small when we talk about historical relations between our countries”, Zatullin said.
It should be noted that Armen Sarkissian, acting president, was also invited to participate in the meeting. Prime Minister of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan, Chairperson of the National Assembly Ara Babloyan, President of Artsakh Bako Sahakyan, Secretary of the Security Council Armen Grigoryan, as well as the first, second and third presidents of Armenia and the former President of Artsakh were present, too. Also such political leaders were invited as writer, public figure Zori Balayan, journalist, author and host of the TV program “Evening with Vladimir Solovyov” Vladimir Solovyov, journalist, host of the TV program “Right of Voice” Roman Babayan, dean of the Higher Moscow State University Television School, Secretary General of the CSTO in 2003-2017, Nikolai Bordyuzha, member of the Federation Council of Russia Igor Chernyshenko, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Russian Federation to Armenia in 2009-2013, Vyacheslav Kovalenko and others.
On December 1 - on the second day of the Lazarev Club session, the following topic will be discussed: the Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict: Current State, Paths to War or Peace”, and the “Lazarev Club” organizational meeting - Ideas and Prospects - will be held.
The Lazarev Club, named after the renowned family of Armenian Lazarevs patrons, the founders of the Lazarev Institute of Oriental Languages, is a new informal, free and permanent platform for meetings and exchange of opinions between the societies of Russia and Armenia.
The initiators of the Club, including well-known politicians, diplomats, scientists, journalists, cultural workers, entrepreneurs and social activists of the two countries, stated in their constituent address:
“Both Russia and Armenia should be strong in order to overcome external and internal challenges to their sustainable development. It is not by chance that at all stages of independence Russia and Armenia supported each other, which is confirmed by joint participation in the CIS, the Eurasian Economic Union, the Collective Security Treaty Organization. In such a situation, only joint, bilateral and multilateral actions can be productive. The Lazarev Club will conduct its work publicly and openly, by organizing meetings, round table discusiions and public hearings in Russia and Armenia. We hope that the meetings in the Club will help form a positive attitude for further constructive work to strengthen mutual trust and allied cooperation for the benefit of the peoples of our countries, in the interests of ensuring security and stability throughout the Greater Caucasus region”.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)