Russian State Duma ratified series of protocols changing CSTO charter
On Wednesday, the Russian State Duma ratified the Second and Third Protocols, which change the charter of the Collective Security Treaty Organization, and another one makes a change to the agreement on the legal status of the CSTO, RIA Novosti reports.
The second protocol on amending the CSTO charter was signed by the presidents of Russia, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan on November 8, 2018 in Astana. The provisions of the protocol are proposed to provide that the CSTO heads of state or heads of government are members of the Collective Security Council if, in accordance with the laws of their state, they have the authority to decide on matters within the competence of the Collective Security Council.
The third protocol makes amendments to the charter, which provide for obtaining observer status at the CSTO by non-CSTO states and international organizations interested in studying the open regulatory framework, experience and practice of the CSTO without making commitments to participate in its practical activities.
According to the protocol, non-CSTO states and international organizations sharing its goals and principles, wishing to establish and develop mutually beneficial cooperation with the Organization with the commitment to participate in practical activities, can be granted partner status.
The Protocol on Amendments to the Agreement on the Legal Status of the CSTO proposes to clarify the concept of “representatives of member states” of the CSTO; introduce the post of permanent and plenipotentiary representative to the CSTO, as well as the post of Deputy Secretary General of the Organization. The protocol also proposes to establish privileges and immunities not only for the CSTO Secretary General and his family members, but also for his deputies and their family members to the extent provided for by the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations of April 18, 1961, if they are not nationals of the host country.
- UN says the world now is home to 272 million migrants
- British travel vlogger flies 30,000 miles to see the Seven Wonders of the World in just seven days: The Sun
- Hyundai Motor Group Develops Center Side Airbag
- The air temperature will gradually go down by 9-11 degrees
- Google plans to protect users from dubious medical information
- Artsakh comments on statements of Georgian and Ukrainian foreign ministries
- Armenian PM holds farewell meeting with UK Ambassador
- Surp Amenaprkich Ghazanchetsots Cathedral in Shushi
- Romania’s Senate adopts bill to declare October 12 Day of Armenian language, alphabet and culture
- Dzeko wants Mkhitaryan to stay at Roma for long term
- Former Police Chief of Armenia Vladimir Gasparyan charged for abuse of power
- Saudi Arabia vows "material evidence" linking Iran to oil attack
- President Sarkissian signs decree on dismissing Valery Osipyan as Police Chief of Armenia
- OSCE conducts monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan line of contact
- PM fires Police Chief Valery Osipyan
- Iranian leader calls attack on Saudi refineries warning from Yemenis
- Armenian FM hosted by Latvian President in Riga Castle
- Armenia’s Independence Day
- Valeriy Osipyan’s resignation not discussed at Security Council’s session: NA speaker
- No such thing: Armenia defense minister on chances of stepping down
- World Chess Cup: Armenia’s Aronian is in 1/8 finals
- Today Armenia celebrates Astronomy Day
- Today is outstanding Armenian astronomer Viktor Hambardzumyan's birthday
- Armenia Police Chief resigns
- Chicken fricassee recipe