Russian State Duma ratified series of protocols changing CSTO charter
On Wednesday, the Russian State Duma ratified the Second and Third Protocols, which change the charter of the Collective Security Treaty Organization, and another one makes a change to the agreement on the legal status of the CSTO, RIA Novosti reports.
The second protocol on amending the CSTO charter was signed by the presidents of Russia, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan on November 8, 2018 in Astana. The provisions of the protocol are proposed to provide that the CSTO heads of state or heads of government are members of the Collective Security Council if, in accordance with the laws of their state, they have the authority to decide on matters within the competence of the Collective Security Council.
The third protocol makes amendments to the charter, which provide for obtaining observer status at the CSTO by non-CSTO states and international organizations interested in studying the open regulatory framework, experience and practice of the CSTO without making commitments to participate in its practical activities.
According to the protocol, non-CSTO states and international organizations sharing its goals and principles, wishing to establish and develop mutually beneficial cooperation with the Organization with the commitment to participate in practical activities, can be granted partner status.
The Protocol on Amendments to the Agreement on the Legal Status of the CSTO proposes to clarify the concept of “representatives of member states” of the CSTO; introduce the post of permanent and plenipotentiary representative to the CSTO, as well as the post of Deputy Secretary General of the Organization. The protocol also proposes to establish privileges and immunities not only for the CSTO Secretary General and his family members, but also for his deputies and their family members to the extent provided for by the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations of April 18, 1961, if they are not nationals of the host country.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)