Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
Today is renowned Armenian actor, playwright, People’s Artist and political activist Sos Sargsyan Sargsyan's birthday. He was born in Stevanavan, in the Lori Region of Armenia and moved to Yerevan in 1948 and worked as an actor in Armenia’s Youth Theater.
He graduated from the Yerevan Fine Arts and Theatre Institute in 1954. From 1954 he performed at the Sundukyan Drama Theatre of Yerevan.
In 1992 he established and until his death in 2013 headed the Hamazkayin Theater.
From 1997 to 2005 he was the director of Yerevan Institute of Theater and Cinema. From 2006 until his death he served as a member of the board of directors of the institute.
Throughout his brilliant career, Sargsyan has starred in 20 Armenian films and has worked in the Russian cinema, most notably in the 1972 film, Solaris, directed by Andrei Tarkovsky.
In 2000, His Holiness Karekin II awarded Sargsyan the Armenian Apostolic Church’s St. Sahag-St. Mesrob medal, honoring the actor’s extraordinary 70-year career in the arts.
He is famous for his roles in such Armenian classics at “Gikor,” “Dzori Miron,” “Khatabala” and “Menk enk, Mer Sarere.”
After Armenia’s independence Sargsyan also played a crucial role in the political life of the country as an activist and intellectual. He was a candidate for president in 1991, Armenia’s first presidential elections, representing the Armenian Revolutionary Federation.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)