Pompeo considers military influence on Iran
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said that Washington is considering all options for influencing Iran, including the force. However, according to him, the United States does not want war with an Islamic republic.
On countering Iran, Pompeo spoke about this to CBS on Sunday, June 16th. He noted that the State Department had several times informed US President Donald Trump about possible options for such counteraction.
“We will continue to keep him informed. We are confident that we will be able to take a series of actions to restore deterrence (Iran. - Ed.), Which is our mission, ”said Pompeo.
On the question of whether the US is considering the possibility of military confrontation, the Secretary of State replied: “Of course.” However, according to him, Trump made it very clear that he "does not want to go to war."
Pompeo was asked if the US administration had a legal right to strike Iran without a congressional approval.
“We always have the right to protect the interests of America,” the Secretary of State replied, stressing that the administration would take only “legitimate” steps towards Iran.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)