Armenian community here is a little bit more disconnected from Armenia:Healthcare Minister at the Armenian Patriarchate of Constantinople
Healthcare Minister Arsen Torosyan has been hosted on February 15th at the Armenian Patriarchate of Istanbul, known as the Armenian Patriarchate of Constantinople. Torosyan had a meeting with the Armenian community of Istanbul.
During the meeting Torosyan said that the Diaspora cannot survive without its motherland. He attached great importance to the Armenian community in Turkey.
“The Armenian community here is a little bit more disconnected from Armenia. It is very important for us that the way of thinking as if Armenia is weak and needs money gets changed. It needs to develop and enrich those people who will want to develop it. No longer are we poor, no longer are we weak, we need to develop thanks to the Armenians living in and out of Armenia,” Torosyan said.
He also pointed out the fact that he is the first Cabinet member of the incumbent government of Armenia to visit Turkey. Torosyan said it is an honor for him.
“Lately abrupt positive changes are taking place in Armenia, and the final chord happened – the adoption of the government’s action plan. Me and my colleagues must [head into] the work that we have promised the Armenian people,” he said.
Torosyan is visiting Turkey for a World Health Organization conference in Istanbul.
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)
- Nutritionists reveal secret of eternal youth
- New sarcophagus of Chernobyl nuclear power plant photographed from bird's eye view
- Turkey won’t stop Syria operation until it achieves goals, Erdogan administration says