Kocharyan’s defense asks court to release ex-president on bail
The court of general jurisdiction of Yerevan continues hearings in the case of the second president of Armenia and three former senior officials.
The lawyer of the ex-president Hovhannes Khudoyan submitted to the court a motion for the release of Robert Kocharyan on bail.
Khudoyan explained that these motions were submitted three months ago to the judge of the Court of Appeal Armen Danielyan.
“However, when making the decision, our petitions did not become the subject of consideration. Thus, there was a violation by the judicial system of the right to a fair trial”, - he said.
According to Hovhannes Khudoyan, there are no grounds for applying a preventive measure in the form of detention at this stage.
He pointed out that the ex-president returned to Armenia, appeared before the body conducting the proceedings, always appeared on the first call, participated in legal proceedings and never interfered with the investigation of the case.
“Staying free for about 4 months, he never interfered in the investigation,” the lawyer said.
“We do not indicate the amount of the bail, let it be determined by the court, while taking into account the fact that the property of Robert Koaryan and his relatives is under arrest on the basis of an illegal decision,” he said.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)