ADL issued a statement
The Central Board of the Ramkavar Azatakan Party (ADL) expresses its concern about the issue of incitement of hatred in public speeches in Armenia, especially during the last months.
The continuing division of Armenian society into revolutionaries and anti-revolutionaries, black and white, the residents of Armenia and residents of Karabakh have already gone beyond what is permitted and are fraught with danger, threatening the Armenian people's unity and state security.
In this regard, of particular concern are the obvious acts of persecution and repression against the new political opposition being created, which are expressed in forming a “culture” to hate any criticism of the current authorities and issue orders for the arrests of oppositionists.
In particular, the consistent prosecution of members of the Adekvat political movement, calls for reprisals against them, which are periodically heard by members of the political force that came to power, create dangerous precedents. There are concerns and facts about the periodic arrests of opposition members without any justification. It is impossible not to regard this entire in any other way than political persecution and attempts to suppress dissent.
We call on the current authorities to show restraint and refrain from the use of force and threats against the political opposition.
Office of ADL Central Board
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)