ADL issued a statement
The Central Board of the Ramkavar Azatakan Party (ADL) expresses its concern about the issue of incitement of hatred in public speeches in Armenia, especially during the last months.
The continuing division of Armenian society into revolutionaries and anti-revolutionaries, black and white, the residents of Armenia and residents of Karabakh have already gone beyond what is permitted and are fraught with danger, threatening the Armenian people's unity and state security.
In this regard, of particular concern are the obvious acts of persecution and repression against the new political opposition being created, which are expressed in forming a “culture” to hate any criticism of the current authorities and issue orders for the arrests of oppositionists.
In particular, the consistent prosecution of members of the Adekvat political movement, calls for reprisals against them, which are periodically heard by members of the political force that came to power, create dangerous precedents. There are concerns and facts about the periodic arrests of opposition members without any justification. It is impossible not to regard this entire in any other way than political persecution and attempts to suppress dissent.
We call on the current authorities to show restraint and refrain from the use of force and threats against the political opposition.
Office of ADL Central Board
- Recipe Corner: Auntie Zee’s World-Famous Apricot Jam from Fresno
- Technovation Armenia 2019 Program Concludes with Awards
- Armenian Artists in Research and Dialogue
- Katherine Hodgson: Researching the Beautiful and Fascinating Armenian Language
- Trump orders companies to seek "alternative markets" to China
- North Korea launches two more ballistic missiles into sea: Seoul
- Pashinyan Backs Major Mining Project In Armenia
- How to increase life expectancy?
- ‘Abandoned’ Armenian Properties around the World: Part III
- Serena Williams paired with Maria Sharapova in U.S. Open first round
- Armenian PM congratulates Ukraine on Independence Day
- Trump talks about serving '14 more years' as president: Independent
- UNESCO delegation visits Armenia Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport
- Drinking coffee first thing in the morning can be bad
- Viennese Apple Strudel recipe
- Yerevan among cities Russian tourists keep returning to: study
- Over the next 5 days a high risk of fire is predicted in the valleys and foothills of the Republic
- U.S. offer to sell Patriot system to Turkey has expired: Reuters
- 71-story skyscraper to be erected in Yerevan
- Armenian army delegation attends CIS armed forces general staffs' chiefs session
- What’s The Right Amount of Sleep?: WebMD
- Armenian President repeals decree depriving Vagharshak Harutyunyan of military rank
- Armenian national team U19 defeats Lebanese national team
- Assad forces threaten Turkish observation posts in Idlib
- Japan's tallest skyscraper to be built in Tokyo: NHK