ADL issued a statement
The Central Board of the Ramkavar Azatakan Party (ADL) expresses its concern about the issue of incitement of hatred in public speeches in Armenia, especially during the last months.
The continuing division of Armenian society into revolutionaries and anti-revolutionaries, black and white, the residents of Armenia and residents of Karabakh have already gone beyond what is permitted and are fraught with danger, threatening the Armenian people's unity and state security.
In this regard, of particular concern are the obvious acts of persecution and repression against the new political opposition being created, which are expressed in forming a “culture” to hate any criticism of the current authorities and issue orders for the arrests of oppositionists.
In particular, the consistent prosecution of members of the Adekvat political movement, calls for reprisals against them, which are periodically heard by members of the political force that came to power, create dangerous precedents. There are concerns and facts about the periodic arrests of opposition members without any justification. It is impossible not to regard this entire in any other way than political persecution and attempts to suppress dissent.
We call on the current authorities to show restraint and refrain from the use of force and threats against the political opposition.
Office of ADL Central Board
- Celebrating Komitas’ 150th Anniversary in Washington
- On June 23-24 the air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees
- How Modern Literary Publication Is Being Revived in Armenia
- Hundreds Gather in Oakland to Honor Lifelong Athletic Visionary and Leader, Richard Demirjian
- Russian Envoy Warned After Meeting With Kocharyan
- Tehran says Iran, Russia will bolster economic cooperation
- Trump officially announced his decision to run for a second term
- NSS, FFA boss personally shows Vicente del Bosque around Yerevan
- Japanese authorities leave ticket resellers “unemployed”
- Talking about Peace, Worrying about War
- US National Security Adviser John Bolton to meet Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs in Washington D.C.
- Armenia included in Top 5 most delicious countries for Russians
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs meet in Washington D.C. ahead of NK talks
- RA Parliament session continues (live)
- Today is World Sauntering Day
- UN Secretary-General urged not to waste a minute in addressing climate crisis
- Short-term rain and thunderstorm is expected
- Trump says U.S. agency will begin removing millions of illegal immigrants: Reuters
- U.S. says could sanction Turkish defense firms beyond F-35 suppliers: Reuters
- Leonard Cohen love letters fetch $876,000 at auction
- Qualifying stage of "K-pop World Festival 2019 in Armenia" was held in Yerevan
- Tokyo 2020 medal podiums to be made of recycled plastic
- Center for Armenian journalist Dink's memory opened in Istanbul
- Ex-head of UEFA Platini arrested
- Recipe Corner: Fresh Sautéed Spinach and Vegetable Salad