ADL issued a statement
The Central Board of the Ramkavar Azatakan Party (ADL) expresses its concern about the issue of incitement of hatred in public speeches in Armenia, especially during the last months.
The continuing division of Armenian society into revolutionaries and anti-revolutionaries, black and white, the residents of Armenia and residents of Karabakh have already gone beyond what is permitted and are fraught with danger, threatening the Armenian people's unity and state security.
In this regard, of particular concern are the obvious acts of persecution and repression against the new political opposition being created, which are expressed in forming a “culture” to hate any criticism of the current authorities and issue orders for the arrests of oppositionists.
In particular, the consistent prosecution of members of the Adekvat political movement, calls for reprisals against them, which are periodically heard by members of the political force that came to power, create dangerous precedents. There are concerns and facts about the periodic arrests of opposition members without any justification. It is impossible not to regard this entire in any other way than political persecution and attempts to suppress dissent.
We call on the current authorities to show restraint and refrain from the use of force and threats against the political opposition.
Office of ADL Central Board
- “Forget-me-not” tower set to be built in Yerevan NEW 22 MINUTES AGO
- DOD Conducts Ground Launch Cruise Missile Test
- President Sarkissian, Khaldoon Al Mubarak meet in Manchester
- OSCE to conduct monitoring at Artsakh-Azerbaijan Line of Contact
- From Belgrade to Buenos Aires, these are the world's best party cities
- Oscars 2020 odds: Joaquin Phoenix and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood early favourites
- How social media affects girls' mental health: study
- Bulgur, Mint and Peach Salad Recipe
- George R.R. Martin: "Game Of Thrones" being over is "freeing"
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- International Photo Festival to be held in Yerevan
- Turkey Fires Kurdish Mayors Ahead of Military Push Into Syria - Bloomberg
- Iran warns U.S. against seizing Grace 1 oil tanker
- Study reveals over third of children and adolescents are passive smokers
- Danish PM hopes Trump ‘isn’t serious’ about buying Greenland: NYP
- Scientists on possible consequences of large-scale nuclear war
- Improvement of military positions is constant process: Armenia MOD
- Best food to lower high blood pressure
- Chinari village can no longer be fired at from Azerbaijan: Ararat Mirzoyan
- Messi completely recovered from calf injury
- Hidden Painting Under da Vinci Masterpiece Revealed with New Imaging
- Armenian president congratulates Afghan counterpart, people on Independence Day
- April four-day war hero Adam Sahakyan would turn 23 today
- Today is World Humanitarian Day
- Vahagn Davtyan won gold at Open Israeli Championship