ADL Position Regarding Forthcoming Snap Elections in Armenia
The Diasporan and Armenian structures of the Armenian Democratic Liberal Party (ADL) have been observing every development of Armenia’s political scene. Simultaneously, the organization, through its worldwide membership and the broad network of its news outlets, has been promoting the fundamental wishes of the citizenry of Armenia regarding the irrevocable process of democratization.
Based on the above premises, all structures of the ADL have been committed to the idea of snap elections to bring to power a true legislative body representing genuinely all segments of society in Armenia. The vision is spearheaded by Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan and shared by all of us. To that effect, the ADL is ready to lend its support to the prime minister’s endeavors and cooperate fully with him to achieve that noble goal. It is time for Armenia to be endowed with a truly representative national assembly (parliament).
We fully welcome the initiative of the prime minister to begin a process that will lead to new elections. In this process, the prime minister tenders his resignation and during a waiting period of 7 + 7 days, as prescribed by the current constitution, the sitting parliament is dissolved, since no other candidate is anticipated for the position. Upon completion of this process, snap parliamentary elections will be held in mid-December to create the desired legislative body.
Despite the time limitations, the ADL hopes that the forthcoming elections will be held in the paramount spirit of cooperation, based on democratic and constitutional principles. The unity between Armenia, Artsakh and the diaspora will help the Armenian people confront the dangers extant in the region and move forward with determination to create a powerful homeland enjoying peace and economic prosperity.
In pursuit of the above vision, the ADL is ready to cooperate with true political forces and will participate in the elections, bearing its share of responsibility, with the help of its membership and friends.
Armenian Democratic Liberal Party
Supreme Council: Vartan Nazerian
Central Committee: Hagop Avedikian
October 17, 2018
- Armenian Dance Teacher from Japan: interview with Azat Gharibyan
- Armenia has lowest child suicide rate in Europe
- Armenian skier performs well at Finland-hosted tournament
- Recipe Corner: Baked Citrus Dill Salmon with Parsley and Onions
- Belarus to ship new batch of weapons to Azerbaijan
- Syrian army on high alert after militant attack kills 23 soldiers
- Russian military unveils video footage of new Su-57 stealth fighter in Syria
- Germany fully halts arms exports Saudi Arabia
- Acting first deputy PM reaffirms increase in tax burden is ruled out without public consent
- Members of Russian State Duma to observe early parliamentary elections in Armenia
- Armenia’s delegation led by Secretary of Security Council to depart for Moscow, Russia
- Ombudsman’s representatives carry out unannounced visit to Central Military Hospital
- Today is Universal Children's Day
- Roads mostly passable across Armenia, authorities urge drivers to shift to winter tires
- Russian cosmonauts expected to land on Moon after 2030
- Majestic Tekeyan Hall in Cairo Opens: Armenian Mirror-Spectator
- Azerbaijani manipulation: who is it addressed to?
- No precipitation is expected in the republic
- Recipe Corner: Garbanzo Bean and Vegetable Soup
- Paying Tribute To Diana Der Hovanessian
- Iran wants better ties with Iraq, Rouhani says
- Syrian army "foils militant attack" in northern Hama
- Extraordinary Cabinet meeting to be held today
- Today is Armenian outstanding national figure Maghakia Ormanian's memory day
- Naming himself defense chief, Netanyahu says ‘no room for politics’ in security