Russia, Armenia provide humanitarian assistance to Iran
The Russian Emergencies Ministry, together with the Armenian Emergencies Ministry, has begun delivering humanitarian aid to Iran affected by floods, the press service of the Russian Emergencies Ministry informed TASS on Saturday.
The assistance is being provided at Iran’s request. "The humanitarian cargo is handed over by the Russian-Armenian Humanitarian Response Center to the Iranian Red Crescent Society," the ministry said. The aid is delivered by trucks.
The humanitarian cargo includes over 4,000 tents, blankets and folding beds purchased at the expense of Russia.
The center was set up with the assistance of the Russian government in 2015 to facilitate the execution of emergency humanitarian response tasks in Russia, Armenia and third countries.
More than 750 people have been affected by heavy rains and floods in 31 provinces of Iran. According to the latest data, at least 67 people have lost their lives. Over 25,000 houses, highways and bridges were damaged, while power supply was disrupted.
- Syrian Restaurants in Armenia: A Pinch of Home, A Taste of Exile
- First-ever Armenian-language TV station launches in Turkey
- Аwards ceremony for the winners of 2018/2019 season was held
- Exiled Turkish journalist reunited with family in Germany after 3 years
- Karabakh President visits Askeran, Martakert Regions
- Apple registers 7 Mac notebooks in Eurasian database
- Recipe Corner: Guest Recipe: Baked Spinach and Eggs (Havgitov Spanach)
- Everything you should know about proper nutrition and healthy lifestyle: Lidia Ayvazyan is the guest of Hay Dzayn Today
- Minsk 2019: Lineup of the Armenia Greco-Roman wrestling team
- Pashinyan Faces Traps in and out of Armenia: Armenian Mirror-Spectator
- Yerevan-Tehran roundtrip regular flights launched on June 15
- Yervand Kochar's most famous sculptures
- President Sarkissian congratulated China’s Xi Jinping on birthday
- Armenia's Levon Aronian shares 2nd-3rd spots at Norway Chess
- Today is Republic of Armenia National Flag Day
- 7th Pan-Armenian Summer Games’ torch heads from Turkey’s Van to Karabakh’s Stepanakert
- Today is Armenian prominent sculptor Ervand Kochar’s birthday
- Journalist Deniz Yücel Speaks Out on Arrest in Turkey
- Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon Panossian Gives Kids Smiles in Armenia
- Interview with President Armen Sarkissian: Financial Times of London
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe Leaks То Preview Stunning 6 Series GC Successor
- Vardenis “Andranik” FC won in Armenian youth championship (photos)
- Armenia improves standing in Global Peace Index
- EU will extend Russia sanctions for another year