Russia, Armenia provide humanitarian assistance to Iran
The Russian Emergencies Ministry, together with the Armenian Emergencies Ministry, has begun delivering humanitarian aid to Iran affected by floods, the press service of the Russian Emergencies Ministry informed TASS on Saturday.
The assistance is being provided at Iran’s request. "The humanitarian cargo is handed over by the Russian-Armenian Humanitarian Response Center to the Iranian Red Crescent Society," the ministry said. The aid is delivered by trucks.
The humanitarian cargo includes over 4,000 tents, blankets and folding beds purchased at the expense of Russia.
The center was set up with the assistance of the Russian government in 2015 to facilitate the execution of emergency humanitarian response tasks in Russia, Armenia and third countries.
More than 750 people have been affected by heavy rains and floods in 31 provinces of Iran. According to the latest data, at least 67 people have lost their lives. Over 25,000 houses, highways and bridges were damaged, while power supply was disrupted.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)