Rouhani urges Gulf states to jointly ensure the security of the region
Tehran calls on all Gulf countries to take part in Iran’s initiative to ensure the safety of shipping in the region, said Iranian leader Hassan Rouhani at a government meeting before leaving for New York to participate in the UN General Assembly.
According to him, all the Gulf states are invited to take part in this initiative, TASS reported.
He added that an appropriate plan for ensuring security in the region will be submitted to the UN.
According to the president, this project concerns not only security issues, but also the economy.
He noted that they called it the Hormuz Peace Initiative.
On August 5, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif invited regional leaders to start a dialogue and conclude a non-aggression treaty amid a decline in confidence in the United States. According to the Foreign Minister, the Middle East countries have come to focus on solving regional problems.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)