Russian, Turkish top diplomats discuss preparations for November meeting on Syria
Preparations for an Astana-format (Russia, Iran, Turkey) meeting on Syria scheduled for late November were in focus of a telephone conversation between Russian and Turkish Foreign Ministers, Sergey Lavrov and Mevlut Cavusoglu, the Russian foreign ministry said on Friday.
"The sides reiterated mutual commitment to further efforts towards lasting settlement in Syria on the basis of United Nations Security Council Resolution 2254. In this context, the ministers discussed preparations for another international meeting on Syria in the Astana format that is scheduled for late November and exchanged views on the steps that need to be made to ensure its efficiency," the ministry said.
The sides also discussed issues of the bilateral agenda and exchanged opinions on a number of other areas of cooperation between the two countries’ foreign ministries, the Russian foreign ministry added.
- Armenian Dance Teacher from Japan: interview with Azat Gharibyan
- Armenia has lowest child suicide rate in Europe
- Armenian skier performs well at Finland-hosted tournament
- Recipe Corner: Baked Citrus Dill Salmon with Parsley and Onions
- Belarus to ship new batch of weapons to Azerbaijan
- Syrian army on high alert after militant attack kills 23 soldiers
- Russian military unveils video footage of new Su-57 stealth fighter in Syria
- Germany fully halts arms exports Saudi Arabia
- Acting first deputy PM reaffirms increase in tax burden is ruled out without public consent
- Members of Russian State Duma to observe early parliamentary elections in Armenia
- Armenia’s delegation led by Secretary of Security Council to depart for Moscow, Russia
- Ombudsman’s representatives carry out unannounced visit to Central Military Hospital
- Today is Universal Children's Day
- Roads mostly passable across Armenia, authorities urge drivers to shift to winter tires
- Russian cosmonauts expected to land on Moon after 2030
- Majestic Tekeyan Hall in Cairo Opens: Armenian Mirror-Spectator
- Azerbaijani manipulation: who is it addressed to?
- No precipitation is expected in the republic
- Recipe Corner: Garbanzo Bean and Vegetable Soup
- Paying Tribute To Diana Der Hovanessian
- Iran wants better ties with Iraq, Rouhani says
- Syrian army "foils militant attack" in northern Hama
- Extraordinary Cabinet meeting to be held today
- Today is Armenian outstanding national figure Maghakia Ormanian's memory day
- Naming himself defense chief, Netanyahu says ‘no room for politics’ in security