Ryanair, WizzAir “ready to fly to Armenia if departure tax is dropped”
The civil aviation authorities of Armenia have proposed eliminating departure taxes for new directions, Head of the General Department of Civil Aviation Arevik Revazian told reporters on Monday, July 15.
“High costs in Armenia are among the obstacles to starting a cooperation with new carriers,” Revazian was quoted as saying by Aysor.am.
“Both the airport charges at Zvartnots and the departure fees are high, and we are going to propose to eliminate the latter for new directions.”
According to her, Ryanair and WizzAir are ready to enter the Armenian market in 2020 if the proposed changes are made and the management of Zvartnots airport agrees to revise the tariffs.
Revazian said she has even reached a written agreement with the budget carriers.
- Russian specialist conducted unique free vascular operations at Armavir MC NEW 31 MINUTES AGO
- UN Security Council to hold emergency session on US missile projects on August 22
- Neymar is close to returning to Barcelona
- Armenian Meat Ball Soup recipe
- U.S. warns Greece against helping Iranian tanker
- Yerevan Mayor sues municipal council ex-member
- Today is International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism
- Today is Catholicos of All Armenians Karekin II's birthday
- Alexis Ohanian welcomes Dwayne Johnson to Armenian "clan"
- 5 Day Weather Forecast
- Armenia to take part in World Championship with 9 weightlifters
- Liu Yifei: Mulan boycott urged after star backs HK police
- Siberian ulcer case recorded in Armenia
- “Forget-me-not” tower set to be built in Yerevan
- DOD Conducts Ground Launch Cruise Missile Test
- President Sarkissian, Khaldoon Al Mubarak meet in Manchester
- OSCE to conduct monitoring at Artsakh-Azerbaijan Line of Contact
- From Belgrade to Buenos Aires, these are the world's best party cities
- Oscars 2020 odds: Joaquin Phoenix and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood early favourites
- How social media affects girls' mental health: study
- Bulgur, Mint and Peach Salad Recipe
- George R.R. Martin: "Game Of Thrones" being over is "freeing"
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- International Photo Festival to be held in Yerevan
- Turkey Fires Kurdish Mayors Ahead of Military Push Into Syria - Bloomberg