Today is International Day of the artist
Today, December 8, is the International Day of the Artist, which was established in 2007 by the International Association “Art of the Peoples of the World”.
This is not the only date associated with the profession of the artist. Ukraine celebrates this day in October, and in Russia it is celebrated in separate regions on different days - the Kursk region celebrates the Day of the Artist on August 9, and Lipetsk - on December 25.
Some creative associations offer the celebration of October 25, the birthday of Pablo Picasso, whom masters and art connoisseurs consider the greatest artist of the 20th century.
So a consensus on the date in the professional community has not yet developed. But we do not mind: let there be more reasons to congratulate those who bring the beauty of art into our lives.
Artist's Day is a holiday not only for professionals and art lovers. Creativity keeps in person the opportunity to enjoy the world and love it. Therefore, today's holiday is for all lovers of beauty.
- Recipe Corner: Armenian Chicken, Rice and Lemon Soup
- Iran launches Velayat-97 wargame to include Navy fleet
- First air medical services helicopter arrives in Armenia
- Armenia looks to ban plastic bags from 2022
- Memoirs of an Armenian in Germany
- AESA Lecture Series: Armenia’s Transition: Challenges and Opportunities for a Quantum Leap
- Signing a partnership agreement on Franco-Armenian exchanges between the conservatory of Valencia, the Association France-Achtarak-Armenia and the Tchaikovsky Music School of Yerevan
- Obituary: Prof. Anahide Ter Minassian, Noted Historian
- Former President’s Brother, Under Investigation, ‘Donates’ $18 Million to Government
- Recipe Corner: Vegetable Casserole
- AGBU unveiled Luse Taniq to the people of Martuni in Gegharkunik Marz
- Ataturk also wanted to exterminate Armenians: study by Israeli historian
- In the daytime of February 25, at night of 26 the air temperature will go down by 4-5 degrees
- No vacuum in operational manual of CSTO: Putin's spokesperson
- Delegation headed by Ararat Mirzoyan departing for Moscow
- Armenians emigrated and corruption flourished under current anthem: Daniel Yerazhisht
- Because of the Genocide Armenian people lost their second literary language - Western Armenian
- Western Armenian endangered in Turkey: UNESCO
- Opening Armenian trading house in Turkmenistan under consideration
- Azerbaijan must be forced to go for peace, not asked: Azerbaijani expert
- US must recognize Armenian Genocide: US presidential candidate
- If a referendum is held, Armenchik's song will win: Daniel Yerazhisht
- Marianne Auricoste: ‘I Grew Up with Armenia in My Heart’
- No need to confuse neither Kremlin nor Washington, Paris, Beijing in sending a group to Syria: Arman Abovyan
- Louise Manoogian Simone, Benefactor, Longtime AGBU Leader, Dies