Armenian conductor Sergey Smbatyan to perform at Milan’s Teatro alla Scala
Artistic Director and Principal Conductor of the Armenian State Symphony Orchestra (ASSO) Sergey Smbatyan will perform at the Teatro alla Scala, one the world's most famous opera houses in Milan, Italy.
He is set to direct the chamber orchestra of the Italian opera house on 14 October, the Armenian Symphony Orchestra’s press service reported.
The concert program features pieces by both classical and contemporary composers – Edvard Grieg, Max Bruch, Krzysztof Penderecki and Vakhtang Kakhidze. Violinist Simonide Braconi and pianist, composer Vakhtang Kakhidze will perform as soloists during the concert.
Teatro alla Scala was inaugurated in 1778 and was originally known as the Nuovo Regio Ducale Teatro alla Scala. Many of the greatest conductors and opera singers from around the world have appeared at the opera house.
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)
- Nutritionists reveal secret of eternal youth
- New sarcophagus of Chernobyl nuclear power plant photographed from bird's eye view
- Turkey won’t stop Syria operation until it achieves goals, Erdogan administration says
- IOC President Bach awarded highest Greek order
- President of Artsakh convenes consultation with senior staff of foreign ministry’s central apparatus
- US Defense Secretary admits US forces trapped in Syria
- Death toll across Japan from Typhoon Hagibis at 47
- Pashinyan expects double-digit tourism growth in 2020
- Scientists at the MDI Biological Laboratory are decoding the genetic mechanisms of aging
- Armenia’s National Assembly among world’s most beautiful parliament buildings
- Georgian PM Giorgi Gakharia to arrive in Armenia on official visit
- Berlin suspends exports of arms to Turkey over operation in Syria - foreign minister
- Trump prepares to drop sanctions hammer on Turkey: Reuters
- France and Germany halt arms export to Turkey over incursion into northern Syria: Euronews
- Number of typhoon victims in Japan rises to 40 people — media
- Aurora Forum kicks off in Yerevan
- Turkey and the Kurds must not let ISIS militants escape from Syrian prisons – Trump
- Komitas's letter to Arshak Chopanyan
- EU summit set to discuss Turkey sanctions
- Why do you feel sleepy after eating?
- Scientists maintain viability of dead brain for several weeks