Thank you for helping us not to forget what should never be forgotten: Speaker of Swedish Riksdag
The delegation of Sweden led by Speaker of Riksdag Andreas Norlén, who are in Armenia on an official visit at the invitation of Speaker of Parliament Ararat Mirzoyan, visited the Armenian Genocide Memorial, the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute said on Facebook.
The delegation members were accompanied by Armenia’s Vice Speaker of Parliament Lena Nazaryan and Ambassador to Sweden Alexander Arzumanyan.
Director of the Museum-Institute Harutyun Marutyan introduced the guests on the history of the construction of the Memorial and its meaning.
The Speaker of Swedish Riksdag laid a wreath at the Memorial. The delegation members laid flowers at the Eternal Flame and paid tribute to the memory of the innocent victims with a moment of silence. The delegation also visited the Armenian Genocide Museum, got acquainted with the exhibits and the details relating to the history of the Armenian Genocide.
At the end of the visit Andreas Norlén left a note in the Honorary Guest Book which says: “Thank you for helping us not to forget what should never be forgotten”.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)