Congratulatory message of President Armen Sarkissian on the occasion of Victory and Peace Day, Shushi Liberation holiday
I extend my warmest congratulations on the occasion of Victory and Peace Day, as well as Shushi Liberation holiday.
I congratulate all veterans of the Patriotic and Artsakh Wars, homeland defenders and freedom fighters, soldiers and officers, our entire nation, all citizens of Armenia and Artsakh who at the time of need instantly become defenders of Fatherland.
I congratulate our brothers and sisters in Spyurk, who participated actively in the fight against fascism and later, in the defense of Artsakh.
Peace and victory as values are important guarantees for the peoples and nations development. Nearly 75 years ago, in the World War II it was also through the efforts of 600,000 of our compatriots that the fight against fascism had brought peace to the world. Twenty-seven years ago, with the historic liberation of Shushi, we were able to turn the tide of the Artsakh War.
Thousands of our compatriots lost their lives to bring these victories and to establish peace. We bow to their eternal memory.
Dear Fellow Citizens,
We should not be content with the achievements of the past only. We should register victories also today, in all areas; we need to create today a strong foundation of tomorrow’s accomplishments. To conquer current challenges, we need to be victorious in our mind, we need to put forward new ideas and call them to life in the military and civil live, on the borders and in the rear, at the work place and in the economy, in the science and culture.
It was the united power of Armenia, Artsakh, and Spyurk, our joint Armenian strength that prevailed in the Artsakh War and brought about the glorious liberation of Shushi. We need to make every effort to keep our unity intact to ensure our future victories, to keep peace unbroken in Armenia and Artsakh.
I once again send you my congratulations on the occasion of May Holidays and wish us all new victories, peace and progression to our country and our people.
- On September 22-23 the air temperature will gradually go down by 8-10 degrees
- Armenian Nuclear Power Plant can smoothly operate until 2026, says Russian expert
- FIDE World Cup 2019: Aronian to play against Vietnam’s Lê Quang Liêm
- George R.R. Martin confirms HBO Targaryen show
- Otyan as political satirist
- Top 5 high-calorie but healthy snacks
- Today is Smiley Emoticons Day
- Brain needs lot of time to recover from alcohol
- Today is 150th anniversary of the birth of Armenian satirist writer Yervand Otyan
- UN says the world now is home to 272 million migrants
- British travel vlogger flies 30,000 miles to see the Seven Wonders of the World in just seven days: The Sun
- Hyundai Motor Group Develops Center Side Airbag
- The air temperature will gradually go down by 9-11 degrees
- Google plans to protect users from dubious medical information
- Artsakh comments on statements of Georgian and Ukrainian foreign ministries
- Armenian PM holds farewell meeting with UK Ambassador
- Surp Amenaprkich Ghazanchetsots Cathedral in Shushi
- Romania’s Senate adopts bill to declare October 12 Day of Armenian language, alphabet and culture
- Dzeko wants Mkhitaryan to stay at Roma for long term
- Former Police Chief of Armenia Vladimir Gasparyan charged for abuse of power
- Saudi Arabia vows "material evidence" linking Iran to oil attack
- President Sarkissian signs decree on dismissing Valery Osipyan as Police Chief of Armenia
- OSCE conducts monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan line of contact
- PM fires Police Chief Valery Osipyan
- Iranian leader calls attack on Saudi refineries warning from Yemenis