Congratulatory message of President Armen Sarkissian on the occasion of Victory and Peace Day, Shushi Liberation holiday
I extend my warmest congratulations on the occasion of Victory and Peace Day, as well as Shushi Liberation holiday.
I congratulate all veterans of the Patriotic and Artsakh Wars, homeland defenders and freedom fighters, soldiers and officers, our entire nation, all citizens of Armenia and Artsakh who at the time of need instantly become defenders of Fatherland.
I congratulate our brothers and sisters in Spyurk, who participated actively in the fight against fascism and later, in the defense of Artsakh.
Peace and victory as values are important guarantees for the peoples and nations development. Nearly 75 years ago, in the World War II it was also through the efforts of 600,000 of our compatriots that the fight against fascism had brought peace to the world. Twenty-seven years ago, with the historic liberation of Shushi, we were able to turn the tide of the Artsakh War.
Thousands of our compatriots lost their lives to bring these victories and to establish peace. We bow to their eternal memory.
Dear Fellow Citizens,
We should not be content with the achievements of the past only. We should register victories also today, in all areas; we need to create today a strong foundation of tomorrow’s accomplishments. To conquer current challenges, we need to be victorious in our mind, we need to put forward new ideas and call them to life in the military and civil live, on the borders and in the rear, at the work place and in the economy, in the science and culture.
It was the united power of Armenia, Artsakh, and Spyurk, our joint Armenian strength that prevailed in the Artsakh War and brought about the glorious liberation of Shushi. We need to make every effort to keep our unity intact to ensure our future victories, to keep peace unbroken in Armenia and Artsakh.
I once again send you my congratulations on the occasion of May Holidays and wish us all new victories, peace and progression to our country and our people.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)