Gohar Agha Upper Mosque restored in Shushi, Artsakh
Restoration works on the architectural and religious complex of the 19th century - Gohar Agha Upper Mosque are almost complete in Shushi, the IDeA Foundation press service reports.
Supporting the initiative of the Artsakh government, the Revival of Oriental Historical Heritage Foundation in 2014 launched a program to restore the Upper Mosque. The project is being implemented within the framework of the Artsakh Development Program of the Armenian Development Initiatives Fund (IDeA).
In the framework of the project, the Upper Mosque of Goar Agha was restored in its original form. The building of the madrasah (theological school) was also completely restored, the territory adjacent to the mosque was expanded and landscaped, and a public garden was destroyed. To participate in the restoration, 12 experts from Iran were invited, having extensive experience working with masonry and the restoration of Islamic religious buildings.
The event dedicated to the completion of the restoration of the Upper Mosque will be held on October 14 this year in Shushi.
Gohar Agha Upper Mosque in Shushi, in its current form, was built in 1864 - 1865, thanks to the patron of Gohar Agha and named in his honor.
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)
- Nutritionists reveal secret of eternal youth
- New sarcophagus of Chernobyl nuclear power plant photographed from bird's eye view
- Turkey won’t stop Syria operation until it achieves goals, Erdogan administration says
- IOC President Bach awarded highest Greek order
- President of Artsakh convenes consultation with senior staff of foreign ministry’s central apparatus
- US Defense Secretary admits US forces trapped in Syria
- Death toll across Japan from Typhoon Hagibis at 47
- Pashinyan expects double-digit tourism growth in 2020
- Scientists at the MDI Biological Laboratory are decoding the genetic mechanisms of aging
- Armenia’s National Assembly among world’s most beautiful parliament buildings
- Georgian PM Giorgi Gakharia to arrive in Armenia on official visit
- Berlin suspends exports of arms to Turkey over operation in Syria - foreign minister
- Trump prepares to drop sanctions hammer on Turkey: Reuters
- France and Germany halt arms export to Turkey over incursion into northern Syria: Euronews
- Number of typhoon victims in Japan rises to 40 people — media
- Aurora Forum kicks off in Yerevan
- Turkey and the Kurds must not let ISIS militants escape from Syrian prisons – Trump
- Komitas's letter to Arshak Chopanyan
- EU summit set to discuss Turkey sanctions
- Why do you feel sleepy after eating?
- Scientists maintain viability of dead brain for several weeks