Gohar Agha Upper Mosque restored in Shushi, Artsakh
Restoration works on the architectural and religious complex of the 19th century - Gohar Agha Upper Mosque are almost complete in Shushi, the IDeA Foundation press service reports.
Supporting the initiative of the Artsakh government, the Revival of Oriental Historical Heritage Foundation in 2014 launched a program to restore the Upper Mosque. The project is being implemented within the framework of the Artsakh Development Program of the Armenian Development Initiatives Fund (IDeA).
In the framework of the project, the Upper Mosque of Goar Agha was restored in its original form. The building of the madrasah (theological school) was also completely restored, the territory adjacent to the mosque was expanded and landscaped, and a public garden was destroyed. To participate in the restoration, 12 experts from Iran were invited, having extensive experience working with masonry and the restoration of Islamic religious buildings.
The event dedicated to the completion of the restoration of the Upper Mosque will be held on October 14 this year in Shushi.
Gohar Agha Upper Mosque in Shushi, in its current form, was built in 1864 - 1865, thanks to the patron of Gohar Agha and named in his honor.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)