Generosity that does not bring honor to all of us
On February 11, one of the key figures of the RPA party, Arpine Hovhannisyan, announced her decision to suspend membership in the Republican Party of Armenia.
Her decision was prompted by the Vice Speaker of the National Assembly of the Sixth Convocation explained by the upcoming law practice, as well as by the desire to engage in public, scientific and educational activities. At the same time, she assured: “I will continue to actively participate in sociopolitical processes, deeply analyze the decisions made, and, if necessary, I will not hesitate to refrain from sharp criticism”.
Of course, there was nothing extraordinary in the decision of Arpine Hovhannisyan. Moreover, given that for almost ten months after the change of power, Hovhannisyan quite often received a disrespectful attitude on the part of members of the public, it can be said that this decision was even somewhere late.
Therefore, Hovhannisyan should be commended for having so long managed to confront political opponents and especially merciless criticism from the public, often going beyond the bounds of decency or even morality. She opposed, unlike many members of the party and many men, who for various reasons left the ranks of the RPA or simply left “the English way” or found their warm place in the modern powerful “solitaire”.
At the same time, this step of the parliament former vice-speaker caused some concerns among the more sober-minded and far-sighted representatives of our society.
The situation is such that, with the exception of the Deputy Chairperson of the Republican Party of Armenia (RPA) Armen Ashotyan and the party spokesperson Eduard Sharmazanov, who are particularly different in maintaining the “honor and dignity” of the Republican party in social networks, there are no others elites, nor among ordinary Republicans. In fact, radical revolutionaries who enjoy the 80% support of the citizens of Armenia, who have never concealed their desire for the disintegration of the RPA, have achieved their goal.
See more here.
- Alexis Ohanian welcomes Dwayne Johnson to Armenian "clan"
- 5 Day Weather Forecast
- Armenia to take part in World Championship with 9 weightlifters
- Liu Yifei: Mulan boycott urged after star backs HK police
- Siberian ulcer case recorded in Armenia
- “Forget-me-not” tower set to be built in Yerevan
- DOD Conducts Ground Launch Cruise Missile Test
- President Sarkissian, Khaldoon Al Mubarak meet in Manchester
- OSCE to conduct monitoring at Artsakh-Azerbaijan Line of Contact
- From Belgrade to Buenos Aires, these are the world's best party cities
- Oscars 2020 odds: Joaquin Phoenix and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood early favourites
- How social media affects girls' mental health: study
- Bulgur, Mint and Peach Salad Recipe
- George R.R. Martin: "Game Of Thrones" being over is "freeing"
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- International Photo Festival to be held in Yerevan
- Turkey Fires Kurdish Mayors Ahead of Military Push Into Syria - Bloomberg
- Iran warns U.S. against seizing Grace 1 oil tanker
- Study reveals over third of children and adolescents are passive smokers
- Danish PM hopes Trump ‘isn’t serious’ about buying Greenland: NYP
- Scientists on possible consequences of large-scale nuclear war
- Improvement of military positions is constant process: Armenia MOD
- Best food to lower high blood pressure
- Chinari village can no longer be fired at from Azerbaijan: Ararat Mirzoyan
- Messi completely recovered from calf injury