Generosity that does not bring honor to all of us
On February 11, one of the key figures of the RPA party, Arpine Hovhannisyan, announced her decision to suspend membership in the Republican Party of Armenia.
Her decision was prompted by the Vice Speaker of the National Assembly of the Sixth Convocation explained by the upcoming law practice, as well as by the desire to engage in public, scientific and educational activities. At the same time, she assured: “I will continue to actively participate in sociopolitical processes, deeply analyze the decisions made, and, if necessary, I will not hesitate to refrain from sharp criticism”.
Of course, there was nothing extraordinary in the decision of Arpine Hovhannisyan. Moreover, given that for almost ten months after the change of power, Hovhannisyan quite often received a disrespectful attitude on the part of members of the public, it can be said that this decision was even somewhere late.
Therefore, Hovhannisyan should be commended for having so long managed to confront political opponents and especially merciless criticism from the public, often going beyond the bounds of decency or even morality. She opposed, unlike many members of the party and many men, who for various reasons left the ranks of the RPA or simply left “the English way” or found their warm place in the modern powerful “solitaire”.
At the same time, this step of the parliament former vice-speaker caused some concerns among the more sober-minded and far-sighted representatives of our society.
The situation is such that, with the exception of the Deputy Chairperson of the Republican Party of Armenia (RPA) Armen Ashotyan and the party spokesperson Eduard Sharmazanov, who are particularly different in maintaining the “honor and dignity” of the Republican party in social networks, there are no others elites, nor among ordinary Republicans. In fact, radical revolutionaries who enjoy the 80% support of the citizens of Armenia, who have never concealed their desire for the disintegration of the RPA, have achieved their goal.
See more here.
- We will try to justify the hopes of OSCE Secretary General over NK conflict settlement – Maria Zakharova
- Tekeyan Boston Chapter Organizing Activities, Welcomes New Members
- Politicizing Sexual Orientation in Armenia
- Kazakhstan Parliament ratified FTA agreement of EAEU and Iran
- Ben Affleck to star in and direct WWII movie "Ghost Army"
- Air temperature to go up by 5-6 degrees
- The Bizarre Existentialism of Santiago Nazarian
- Armenian military representatives take part at CSTO meeting in Moscow
- A Response to the Recent Upset at Yerevan’s Opera House in the Armenian Republic
- Cabinet approves 2018 state budget performance annual report
- Joe Biden to run for US president in 2020
- Thank you, we leave the hall: Prosperous Armenia faction MPs
- "Sabre Dance" from "Gayane" ballet was performed at the reception in honor of Putin and Kim Jong-un
- Armen Sarkissian hosted Dutch Ambassador
- Today is World Malaria Day
- Iran announced intention to continue selling oil despite US sanctions
- Russian military representatives in Armenia for partnership meeting
- Birthday on April 24 makes an Armenian feel responsible for smth bigger than himself – Alexis Ohanian
- Pashinyan urges to change whole policy in culture sector
- Inexorable March of Genocide Recognition
- First ever living donor liver transplant surgery in Armenia's history completed successfully
- Netherlands hosts Armenian Genocide commemoration events
- On interaction and interrelation of the Armenian Genocide and Artsakh Issue: David Babayan
- Armenian, Belarusian 2019 bilateral military cooperation plan approved
- Wreaths and flowers were laid in Moscow in memory of the Armenian Genocide victims