Davit Sargsyan elected Stepanakert mayor
According to preliminary results, Davit Sargsyan has been elected mayor of Stepanakert in Sunday’s mayoral elections in the capital city of the Republic of Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh Republic).
According to preliminary data from the Central Electoral Commission (CEC) of the Nagorno-Karabakh (Artsakh) Republic, 21,000 out of about 39,000 eligible voters in Stepanakert have cast their ballots Sunday, and Sargsyan has received 7,787 votes.
He was nominated by the Identity and Unity party, whereas the other four candidates are self-nominated.
Davit Sargsyan is a non-partisan, founding director of a company, and President of the Kickboxing Federation of Artsakh.
A total of 415 candidates were nominated in 228 communities of Artsakh and in Stepanakert for the local government elections in Artsakh.
According to the Artsakh CEC data, a total of 67,326 voters have cast their ballots on Sunday.
- Artur Hovhannisyan reached the quarter finals defeating Azerbaijan representative NEW 50 MINUTES AGO
- Komitas 150th anniversary celebration event to beheld in Tbilisi, Georgia
- Kocharyan’s defense asks court to release ex-president on bail
- Stadium after Nikita Simonyan may appear in Russia
- Armen Sarkissian receives international experts, venture investors Luigi Amati and Brigitt Bauma
- Court left Kocharyan under arrest
- OSCE to conduct monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan line of contact
- Today the decision on the request to cancel the arrest of Robert Kocharian will be announced
- Iranian authorities refused to negotiate with US
- Repeat parliamentary elections kick off in Israel
- Humor-Filled Sequel to Where Is Your Groom? to be Staged at Alex Theatre this Fall
- System Of A Down announce Findland concert for June 25
- Large-scale military exercises to be held in Armenia
- Ham Pie Recipe
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Triumphs At Emmys For Contentious ‘Long Night’ Episode
- The air temperature will gradually go up by 1-2 degrees
- Bako Sahakyan visited the Moshatagh village of the Kashatagh region
- OPEC sees no risks to market supply due to attacks on Saudi Aramco facilities, says source
- Armen Sarkissian highly appreciated Germany former President's great contribution to the recognition of the Armenian Genocide
- Armenian President signs decree on NSS head resignation
- Growth in export of cucumbers from Armenia comprises 174%
- Former German President Joachim Gauck visited Holy See of Echmiadzin
- Armenia’s security chief steps down
- 21st century is going to be a period of technologies, science, human brain and creativity
- Alexis Ohanian to attend his book's Armenian translation presentation in Yerevan