Davit Sargsyan elected Stepanakert mayor
According to preliminary results, Davit Sargsyan has been elected mayor of Stepanakert in Sunday’s mayoral elections in the capital city of the Republic of Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh Republic).
According to preliminary data from the Central Electoral Commission (CEC) of the Nagorno-Karabakh (Artsakh) Republic, 21,000 out of about 39,000 eligible voters in Stepanakert have cast their ballots Sunday, and Sargsyan has received 7,787 votes.
He was nominated by the Identity and Unity party, whereas the other four candidates are self-nominated.
Davit Sargsyan is a non-partisan, founding director of a company, and President of the Kickboxing Federation of Artsakh.
A total of 415 candidates were nominated in 228 communities of Artsakh and in Stepanakert for the local government elections in Artsakh.
According to the Artsakh CEC data, a total of 67,326 voters have cast their ballots on Sunday.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)