A country of flowering apricot trees: "Izvestia" about Armenia
The Russian edition of Izvestia published an article about gastronomic tourism in Armenia and the sights of the country that will surprise the Russian tourists.
In the article, in particular, it is noted that according to the number of stylish and modern buildings, Yerevan can catch up and overtake the capitals of neighboring countries, and the waiter is ready to tell a legend connected to each dish at the request of the visitor.
The author of the article, Yevgenia Priemskaya, recommends that tourists visiting Armenia, besides the khorovats, cooked in tonir, dolma and classical ghapama, try traditional khash, cooked from beef shin.
“They say that it’s best to drink khash with apricot vodka or“ Jermuk ”mineral water. In general, local apricot beer and wine will perfectly suit the Armenian feast. And, of course, homemade compotes: sweet cherries, strawberries, apricots, or sour - from cornels and quinces. But to avoid overeating and save strength for the second (or even third) line of dishes, heavy food - such as, for example, khash - is recommended to eat with radishes, which are served in large quantities on the table, ” - the author writes.
It is also noted that for dessert you should try pakhlava and gata, which deserve special attention. It also tells about Armenian wines and small wineries, where guests from Russia are always welcome.
The article also contains a number of recommendations, which cities, sights and museums in the republic should be visited by a tourist who first visited the country of flowering apricot trees.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)