A country of flowering apricot trees: "Izvestia" about Armenia
The Russian edition of Izvestia published an article about gastronomic tourism in Armenia and the sights of the country that will surprise the Russian tourists.
In the article, in particular, it is noted that according to the number of stylish and modern buildings, Yerevan can catch up and overtake the capitals of neighboring countries, and the waiter is ready to tell a legend connected to each dish at the request of the visitor.
The author of the article, Yevgenia Priemskaya, recommends that tourists visiting Armenia, besides the khorovats, cooked in tonir, dolma and classical ghapama, try traditional khash, cooked from beef shin.
“They say that it’s best to drink khash with apricot vodka or“ Jermuk ”mineral water. In general, local apricot beer and wine will perfectly suit the Armenian feast. And, of course, homemade compotes: sweet cherries, strawberries, apricots, or sour - from cornels and quinces. But to avoid overeating and save strength for the second (or even third) line of dishes, heavy food - such as, for example, khash - is recommended to eat with radishes, which are served in large quantities on the table, ” - the author writes.
It is also noted that for dessert you should try pakhlava and gata, which deserve special attention. It also tells about Armenian wines and small wineries, where guests from Russia are always welcome.
The article also contains a number of recommendations, which cities, sights and museums in the republic should be visited by a tourist who first visited the country of flowering apricot trees.
- UN says the world now is home to 272 million migrants
- British travel vlogger flies 30,000 miles to see the Seven Wonders of the World in just seven days: The Sun
- Hyundai Motor Group Develops Center Side Airbag
- The air temperature will gradually go down by 9-11 degrees
- Google plans to protect users from dubious medical information
- Artsakh comments on statements of Georgian and Ukrainian foreign ministries
- Armenian PM holds farewell meeting with UK Ambassador
- Surp Amenaprkich Ghazanchetsots Cathedral in Shushi
- Romania’s Senate adopts bill to declare October 12 Day of Armenian language, alphabet and culture
- Dzeko wants Mkhitaryan to stay at Roma for long term
- Former Police Chief of Armenia Vladimir Gasparyan charged for abuse of power
- Saudi Arabia vows "material evidence" linking Iran to oil attack
- President Sarkissian signs decree on dismissing Valery Osipyan as Police Chief of Armenia
- OSCE conducts monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan line of contact
- PM fires Police Chief Valery Osipyan
- Iranian leader calls attack on Saudi refineries warning from Yemenis
- Armenian FM hosted by Latvian President in Riga Castle
- Armenia’s Independence Day
- Valeriy Osipyan’s resignation not discussed at Security Council’s session: NA speaker
- No such thing: Armenia defense minister on chances of stepping down
- World Chess Cup: Armenia’s Aronian is in 1/8 finals
- Today Armenia celebrates Astronomy Day
- Today is outstanding Armenian astronomer Viktor Hambardzumyan's birthday
- Armenia Police Chief resigns
- Chicken fricassee recipe