Half of EU has ratified Armenia CEPA with latest approval from Sweden
Sweden’s Parliament, the Riksdag, has ratified the Armenia-European Union Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement (CEPA), the legislature of the country reported on its official website.
The Armenian Ministry of Foreign Affairs in turn reported that Armenia’s Ambassador to Sweden Alexander Arzumanian was invited to the debates.
Lawmakers from six factions of the Swedish Parliament delivered remarks, approving the agreement.
After the debates the chair of the foreign relations committee invited the Armenian Ambassador to a brief meeting.
The Swedish Parliament ratified the Armenia-EU CEPA unanimously, the Armenian Ministry of Foreign Affairs said.
Other countries that have already ratified the Armenia-EU agreement are Bulgaria, Denmark, Estonia, United Kingdom, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Romania, Germany, Hungary, Finland and Armenia itself. As of now, the other 14 EU member states are yet to make the ratification, after which the deal will come into force in its entirety.
- U.S. offer to sell Patriot system to Turkey has expired: Reuters NEW 44 MINUTES AGO
- 71-story skyscraper to be erected in Yerevan NEW 48 MINUTES AGO
- Armenian army delegation attends CIS armed forces general staffs' chiefs session
- What’s The Right Amount of Sleep?: WebMD
- Armenian President repeals decree depriving Vagharshak Harutyunyan of military rank
- Armenian national team U19 defeats Lebanese national team
- Assad forces threaten Turkish observation posts in Idlib
- Japan's tallest skyscraper to be built in Tokyo: NHK
- Artsakh President receives composer Robert Amirkhanyan
- Armenian ambassador discusses advantages of cooperation in IT and tourism with Belarusian Economy Minister
- Central Bank issues Admiral Isakov-125 silver collector coin
- Syrian army declares full control over Khan Sheikhoun
- The only interest I have is Armenia’s balanced interest, PM says on Amulsar
- Lausanne 2020: Opening Ceremony of Games to be held at Malley Ice Rink
- Moscow to host concert dedicated to Komitas's 150th anniversary
- Ombudsman sends working group to Armenia’s Jermuk
- Ararat Armenia beats Dudelange 2-1 in Europa League play-off
- Today is International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition
- US concerned with Turkey’s removal of Kurdish mayors
- Brad Pitt, Liv Tyler and Tommy Lee Jones in the new trailer for "To the Stars”: Galpost
- 29 years ago this day Declaration of State Sovereignty of Armenia was adopted
- Dwayne Johnson tops Forbes highest paid actors list again: BBC
- Banan cookies recipe
- Sinquefield Cup: Aronyan shares point with Shakhriyar Mamedyarov
- The air temperature will not essentially change