Half of EU has ratified Armenia CEPA with latest approval from Sweden
Sweden’s Parliament, the Riksdag, has ratified the Armenia-European Union Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement (CEPA), the legislature of the country reported on its official website.
The Armenian Ministry of Foreign Affairs in turn reported that Armenia’s Ambassador to Sweden Alexander Arzumanian was invited to the debates.
Lawmakers from six factions of the Swedish Parliament delivered remarks, approving the agreement.
After the debates the chair of the foreign relations committee invited the Armenian Ambassador to a brief meeting.
The Swedish Parliament ratified the Armenia-EU CEPA unanimously, the Armenian Ministry of Foreign Affairs said.
Other countries that have already ratified the Armenia-EU agreement are Bulgaria, Denmark, Estonia, United Kingdom, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Romania, Germany, Hungary, Finland and Armenia itself. As of now, the other 14 EU member states are yet to make the ratification, after which the deal will come into force in its entirety.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)