Armenia national detained during Tbilisi demonstrations is released
The Armenian citizen, who was detained during the events that occurred last week in Georgia’s capital city of Tbilisi, has been released. Armenian News-NEWS.am has learned this from the public relations department of the staff of the Human Rights Defender (Ombudsman) of Armenia, Arman Tatoyan.
The respective statement notes, in particular, that Nino Lomjaria, the Public Defender (Ombudsman) of Georgia, has informed Tatoyan that Armenian national Minas Minasyan, who was detained during events in Tbilisi, has been released, and he has not lodged any complaints, or notified of any problems.
The Georgian colleagues visited him while he was in custody, and they were in constant touch with the staff of the Ombudsman of Armenia.
A large-scale anti-government demonstration was staged in Tbilisi in the evening on June 20, and as a result of Russian MP Sergey Gavrilov’s address at the Parliament of Georgia, earlier in the day. The demonstrators demanded the resignation of the minister of internal affairs, speaker of the parliament, and head of the State Security Service. Authorities, however, refused to meet these demands, and at around midnight, the rally participants attempted to break into the parliament building.
But the police dispersed the rally by using tear gas, rubber bullets, and water cannons.
A total of 240 people—including 80 police officers—were injured in the clashes, and 305 demonstrators were detained.
- On July 26-27 the air temperature will go down by 3-4 degrees
- Britain weighs response to Iran Gulf crisis with few good options
- Most harmful to tooth enamel drinks named
- Discovering Armenia: Surp Astvatsatsin Church of Karbi (photos)
- EU pledges "multi-million support" to help revamp Armenia's judiciary
- Tekeyan Cultural Association, Inc. Dr. Nubar Berberian Annual Awards
- Cavusoglu says Turkey is ready for new operation in Syria
- Increased danger level declared in France due to heat
- Ambassador Świtalski reaffirms EU’s position on NK conflict settlement
- Shot fired from Azerbaijani side in Nakhchivan section was not targeted: Armenia Defense Minister
- Zelensky's party set for big win in parliamentary elections
- Armenia must continue efforts for visa-free regime with EU: Switalski
- Iranian Foreign Minister calls US sanctions economic terrorism
- Armenia expects first Russian Su-30 fighters in late 2019 or early 2020
- New birthday photos of Prince George
- President of Artsakh attends final of international sport dance contest-festival in Stepanakert
- Artsakh is part of ancient Armenia: Ukrainian journalist on his journey
- Tigran Avinyan met with Armenian community in Boston
- 8 injured after lightning strike at Florida beach:
- Today is International Boxing Day
- Shinzo Abe intends to sign peace treaty with Russia while in office
- Nikol Pashinyan partakes in MOD graduates' graduation ceremony (live)
- World is changing rapidly, those who do not notice it, will be late: Armen Sarkissian visits Vanadzor Technology Center
- Eve of the Fast of Transfiguration
- Hye Pointe Armenian Church Holds Ceremony for Consecration of Cross