Armenia national detained during Tbilisi demonstrations is released
The Armenian citizen, who was detained during the events that occurred last week in Georgia’s capital city of Tbilisi, has been released. Armenian News-NEWS.am has learned this from the public relations department of the staff of the Human Rights Defender (Ombudsman) of Armenia, Arman Tatoyan.
The respective statement notes, in particular, that Nino Lomjaria, the Public Defender (Ombudsman) of Georgia, has informed Tatoyan that Armenian national Minas Minasyan, who was detained during events in Tbilisi, has been released, and he has not lodged any complaints, or notified of any problems.
The Georgian colleagues visited him while he was in custody, and they were in constant touch with the staff of the Ombudsman of Armenia.
A large-scale anti-government demonstration was staged in Tbilisi in the evening on June 20, and as a result of Russian MP Sergey Gavrilov’s address at the Parliament of Georgia, earlier in the day. The demonstrators demanded the resignation of the minister of internal affairs, speaker of the parliament, and head of the State Security Service. Authorities, however, refused to meet these demands, and at around midnight, the rally participants attempted to break into the parliament building.
But the police dispersed the rally by using tear gas, rubber bullets, and water cannons.
A total of 240 people—including 80 police officers—were injured in the clashes, and 305 demonstrators were detained.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)